Question

adding songs to a playlist

• 8 November 2015
  • 6 replies

I created a Playlist but when a song is playing that I want to add and I tap : I don't get "ADD TO PLAYLIST " or any indication of being able to add it anywhere. What am I doing wrong?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

You'd need to add the playlist to the queue, and the song you want to the queue and then save the playlist again to the same name it had before.
Sorry I can't find the queue either. Maybe I need to do this on the computer vs cell?
In the room screen on the app, where it shows you what's playing and the volume control etc, tap the three horizontal lines at the bottom right. That's the queue.
A long-touch/right-click on a track -- whether in the queue or elsewhere -- should offer the option to Add Track to Sonos Playlist.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I created a Playlist but when a song is playing that I want to add and I tap : I don't get "ADD TO PLAYLIST " or any indication of being able to add it anywhere. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Nikkibird,

The LHC and Ratty have made some good suggestions. Please let us know if you're still having trouble getting tracks added to your playlist after following their advice.

I've moved this conversation into the controllers and software area.
Everything was fine - playlists created in itunes were on my Ipad - ipad went to Sonos - all was fine. NOW....that is being taken away. So - I must be incredibly stupid but after reading numerous posts and ideas - I've hit a wall. How do you get songs on a playlist. It says No Sonos songs can be saved or you can create a playlist but no songs will be added to it. I simply want to hear songs in a Playlist from songs in my itunes. I don't want Apple to pick the songs that I've purchased. I don't want to listen to a new music service. I've got songs I want to hear in a group. That's it. I fixed the original problem with SONOS and the ipad by purchasing another Ipad - but NOW you are discontinuing a simple service. So - besides going to Airplay - which will turn on the TV and have the TV on when you are only wanting music in the background - any other suggestions? How about a simple step by step on how to get a song on a SONOS playlist. So far - NONE of the suggestions have helped at all.