Answered

Adding albums to a playlist

• 14 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I have an album of wma songs on my phone. I can play the songs through my phone to Sonos if I go through the option to play music on 'this device'. However, I want to add the songs to a playlist, but every time I call up the 'add to a Sonos playlist' it doesn't do anything. It's like the option, in bold black like the rest of the options, is just a bunch of words and not a 'button'. I can select other options, just not the add to a Sonos playlist one. 

What's going on? What am I doing wrong? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 February 2021, 15:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This can only be a problem with Android phones (direct playing from iPhone is not possible). I’ve read this comment on the Dutch language forum too. Maybe someone from Sonos would like to comment?

Items in a Sonos playlist can not be on a mobile device.

That would mean that someone else using your Sonos would get an error every time the Sonos device left the WiFi, and wouldn’t be able to reach the music. All Sonos playlists must contain what would be considered ‘non-volatile’ music, either on a hard drive, be it PC/Mac/NAS, or from a streaming company. The Sonos system considers those to be ‘ever present’. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It would be good if the app would either know and would’t show the button or give an understandable warning when you are trying to add music from a phone to a playlist....