Answered

Adding album pictures for items missing a picture?

• 28 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Is there any way to add a picture to an album or station that is missing the pictures? I have some that I have manually uploaded to amazon music that are missing the album art and I'd like to add it. Same with the pandora stations.
icon

Best answer by bockersjv 28 March 2018, 11:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If it is local music files you can use Windows Media Player to update album images. Alternatively something like MediaMonkey which can embed the images into Mpeg files. You can't change anything though the Sonos apps.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hrm. I added the art before uploading it to amazon music. I guess it must be an issue with amazon music itself then?

Does the same sort of thing happen if you use a local media server? Or upload it to Google play music?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Album art works fine with Sonos and local libraries, and with GPM. However, you will find that the album art may need to meet certain criteria, such as be less than a certain file size and/or picture dimension, or be called by a specific filename if simply included as a standalone image file in the music folder for an album.

E.g., for Sonos local libraries the requirements are at: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/547.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
For album art I use the image file method in pwt's link instead of embedding the images in the music files, works great and makes it easy to change the images.