Add the ability to reorder Universal Search results

Userlevel 2
In response to @jupean on Twitter: http://twitter.com/jupean/status/466288981475602432 Hey @Sonos @SonosSupport Love the new client - can I reorder the universal search results by Service - I want Spotify and Napster at top

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Yes - would love this - I have to scroll past Music Library, Deezer, LastFM before I get to my most used services. I will probably remove those services until fixed which is probably not what they would want - thanks for listing
Totally agree. I tried removing Deezer which was on top of Spotify and readding it, but it just seems to order them alphabetically again. The result is I will turn off all services I don't use daily, which really is a shame, and not the point of a universal search. Please implement urgently!
A bump in support to this issue
Did this ever get sorted?
Did this ever get sorted?
The most recently used service is displayed at the top of the results.
I don't see the search results as returning the most recently used. Changing the order of the search results on the app would be helpful. When I am hosting, I would like Spotify results on a song to come up after library. More than once, I have made mistake of selecting (and having Sonos save) a Pandora station based on the song (which is disruptive to flow). Nothing against Pandora (service has its place), but would like Spotify to have priority someway, somehow.
Badge
Was the Search result list logic changed in Sonos 8.x update?

I'd also like to see Spotify results first. If the result list is ordered alphabetically by the music services could you enable at least the possibility to rename the name for "Music Library" or for all Music Services? That would help a lot in getting the search result order as the user wants.

I could have sworn that in 7.4 android client I got Spotify results at the top most of the time (if I had first selected Spotify in Browse, and then later selected Search it would list Spotify results first). I also have a NAS Music Library but I don't have it powered on every day.

With release 8.x, it feels the Search takes a lot longer now as it lists Music Library results at the top. It would be great if Spotify (last used) were shown first.

Unfortunately I was forced to update the iPad controller and now can't get the Android 7.4 apk to work so can't check if the logic was changed.
Badge
To add to this after further testing:

- on latest Android controller Music Library results are always shown first
- on latest iPad controller Spotify results are shown first

So looks like those versions work differently at least on my setup (Spotify + Music Library).

Was the Search result list logic changed in Sonos 8.x update?

I'd also like to see Spotify results first. If the result list is ordered alphabetically by the music services could you enable at least the possibility to rename the name for "Music Library" or for all Music Services? That would help a lot in getting the search result order as the user wants.

I could have sworn that in 7.4 android client I got Spotify results at the top most of the time (if I had first selected Spotify in Browse, and then later selected Search it would list Spotify results first). I also have a NAS Music Library but I don't have it powered on every day.

With release 8.x, it feels the Search takes a lot longer now as it lists Music Library results at the top. It would be great if Spotify (last used) were shown first.

Unfortunately I was forced to update the iPad controller and now can't get the Android 7.4 apk to work so can't check if the logic was changed.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Amazon Music always appears at the top of my search results. But I only have a prime version of this so I can only playback songs I have bought. Any other suggestions require a subscription but I don’t have one as I have Apple Music subscription which is further down the list. It’s a pain not to be able to order the search results in my own order. Surely this can be sorted?
Old thread but the ability to drag and reorder music services in the app, to also change search results, would be great.
Bump. Please consider this a feature request.