Question

Add more controls to the TV remote+Playbar

• 23 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge
That is the great experience to control volume from the TV remote. What about binding other remote buttons? (play next song, play previous, pause/play)?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Nice idea in principle. However the PLAYBAR recognises TV IR code sets, not those of a media player.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If this is something you really want, you might want to look into a Harmony Hub/Controller set. It functions like a universal remote, allowing you to add your TV, cable/satellite box, DVD/Blu-Ray player, and Sonos zone. You then set up activities ("Watch TV", "Watch Movie", "Listen to Music", etc.) that you choose what device(s) are controlled, and can configure the buttons on the controller to have different functions. So if you "Watch Movie", play/pause, skip forward/back, etc. can control the Blu-Ray player, but when you select "Listen to Music", those buttons can control Sonos. Additionally, the Harmony Hub works through WiFi, so it's actually sending network commands to Sonos, rather than just infrared/IR like your TV remote.
Badge
Yeah, I mean just allow to program a little bit more buttons. When i change the volume, i can see my Sonos app on PC is changing the volume. Next/Prev/pause/play should not be a big deal
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Yeah, I mean just allow to program a little bit more buttons. When i change the volume, i can see my Sonos app on PC is changing the volume. Next/Prev/pause/play should not be a big deal

Only if you can guarantee that your TV/gear will not respond to other button presses or other gear will not respond e.g. My tv and bluray/pvr can use the same remote.