Add Customization to Sleep Timer

• 14 May 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I would like to see more options in the sleep timer. I primarily purchased the Play:1 for my bedroom. I'd like to be able to set the sleep timer for any amount of time, instead of the short list of presets at 15, 30, minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours. I'd like to be able to add whatever amount of time I choose. It would also be nice to be able to set it up like an alarm, where I can preset the amount of time and play list, so I don't have to go through that each time.

Thanks for reading!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hello BentWrench, welcome to the community and thanks for your suggestions. We'll make sure and pass them up to the team as enhancement requests.
I have been using the alarm function for almost a year now and my family is looking to be able to set the end times as we require (the drop down choices no longer work for us). I would also like to see an enhancement. Thank you. Paul
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
You can use the app SonoSequencr to set up alarm times from 00:00:01 up to 23:59:59. And also for sleep time...
As a long standing SONOS user who has seen numerous advancements/updates, I'm amazed (and frustrated) that the 'sleep timer' function is (still) so limited. I contacted SONOS support about this limitation and received a supportive response "I am with you on this one as I used to find this frustrating as well. I have since just got used to the limitation now. I think you are right though, there should be the ability to choose any time."
It concerns me that this limitation is being accepted because we (the users) have "got used to it" so I'm raising this issue once more with the community in the hope of a change with a forthcoming update ...... surely it can't be that difficult to do?!
Agreed that both wake and sleep/snooze setting should be custom. I often leave music playing for my pets while I am away for 6 or even 8 hours, would be nice to have that music shut down automatically when I return instead of manual process everyday.