Answered

Access control

• 28 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to only allow the connected devices to access the sonos one rather than anyone with the wifi access? Its so annoying ...anyone in the same wifi can mess the now playing

icon

Best answer by controlav 28 July 2021, 02:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No. If you don’t want someone messing with the stuff on your network, create a Guest Network and give them that. Or get nicer friends?

Returning the speaker sounds like a better option.

If you’re unable to trust those you’ve given network access to not mess with Sonos, I do have to wonder what they’re doing to your other data on the network. Like the data on your computer’s hard drive. 

If you’re unable to trust those you’ve given network access to not mess with Sonos, I do have to wonder what they’re doing to your other data on the network. Like the data on your computer’s hard drive. 

They are not that smart …thats what bugs me more …”they” were able to access. You should know if they are trying to access my speaker for fun, how smart they would be. Poor you!

They are not that smart …thats what bugs me more …”they” were able to access. You should know if they are trying to access my speaker for fun, how smart they would be. Poor you!

• "Hello is that Sonos Support, I set a System access password, but have forgotten what it was."
  • "Hello is that Sonos Support, I didn’t set a System access password, but it’s asking me for a password."
  • "Hello is that Sonos Support, my Wife set a System access password, but she’s gone to live with her Mother, what next?"
  • "Hello is that Sonos Support, I set a System access password, but have typed in the password and it’s just not having it, but I know it’s the correct password."
  • "Hello is that Sonos Support, It says I set a System access password, but I haven’t and we have guests arriving for a party."
  • ‘Hello is that Sonos Support, how do I set a System access password?"
  • "Hello is that Sonos Support, I set a System access password, but now want to change it, how do I do that?"
  • "Hello is that Sonos Support, do you know my System access password, I wrote it down but can’t find the piece of paper."
  • "Hello is that Sonos Support…."
  • ‘Hello…"
  • "Hello…"

If they won’t stop when asked, I personally think it’s easier to simply give those that are ‘messing’ with your speaker, either guest Network access, or put them onto a wired/wireless access point that provides them with a different subnet and SSID, but routed through your LAN for internet access - and ne’er again will they be able to play or change things on your speaker and it’s likely to cut down on potential calls to the Sonos Support Staff too.