9.0 Update - Sonos One NOT discoverable via HomeKit for Siri integration

Userlevel 2
Badge
As the title suggests I have recently updated to v9.0 but the feature I am most looking forward too trying (playing apple music via Siri voice commands to my Sonos One) does not seem to work. I can open the apple music app on my phone, select the sonos one as a speaker to airplay2 and hit play - that now works ok. Cheers Sonos ! ?

BUT The Sonos blog guide indicated that if I were to add the airplay 2 enabled sonos product (sonos One in my case) to my homekit app as an accessory this would then allow Siri voice commands via mu phone. I have followed those steps to add my sonos one but it seemingly leads to nothing - I open the home kit app, select accessory and add without code but then the speaker does not appear. I have tried pressing pairing button on the unit.

Am I missing something here??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Had the same issues. For me nothing above worked. But it worked after starting music from Apple Music (on the same device I control HomeKit from) to one of the missing speakers in HomeKit. I could see both speakers im HomeKit after that and added them sucessfully.

Created an account just to say this worked for me, thanks!
Had the same issues. For me nothing above worked. But it worked after starting music from Apple Music (on the same device I control HomeKit from) to one of the missing speakers in HomeKit. I could see both speakers im HomeKit after that and added them sucessfully.

Maybe that helps other peeps ^^

P.S.: Airplay worked well also before adding speakers to Homekit - so no isses to control them via Apple Music before.

Now that worked like magic. I tried all other workarounds, but only after I streamed my apple music via airplay to the speakers that were not previously detected, started they appear on the home app... And adding them worked perfectly after that!