8.5.1 - what is in it?

• 13 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor III
  • 52 replies
It’s installed, but I can find no information on what is in the release. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
its really a lot of behind the scenes bug fixes and prep for whats to come in the spring. Nothing to really play around with new.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The previously obscure "Confirm Location before Playback" is in the advanced settings now.

Turning on this option makes the controller ask you the room to play to if the controller has been inactive for a certain period of time. To keep you from accidentally grabbing the controller and playing a song in the wrong room.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Having that location option has suddenly become important to me, since I added a Play 1 to the second bathroom and surprised someone in there who was otherwise occupied.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Stanley you can’t stay out of trouble these days.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
its really a lot of behind the scenes bug fixes and prep for whats to come in the spring. Nothing to really play around with new.

Tweaks to the handling of favourites - changing how many are shown on "My Sonos" dashboard (awesome), removing the ability to flag a Sonos playlist as a favourite (annoying). Wonder if this means Sonos are finally going to address the desktop vs mobile differences, for those of us that use "whatever device is closest" as a controller.