Question

8.2 alarm issues continuously playing

• 20 November 2017
  • 14 replies

Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 14 replies
Hi

I have noticed an issue/bug on my sonos since upgrading the controller and play speakers to 8.2 (build 39247040). I have a play 1,5 and playbar. This issue occurs on any of the speakers.

I have alarms setup for a track to come on at different times in the day on different speakers. Basicallly the 1 track is formed into a sonos playlist. I then setup the alarms to play the sonos playlist.

The time comes and it successfully plays the playlist however i am finding that since 8.2 its now keeps repeating the track once it finishes whereas in previous software versions it would just play the track in the playlist once. There is only 1 track that i want it to play and that is all that exists in the sonos playlist.

I have tried to delete the alarms and recreate but this hasnt worked. I have played around with alarm duration and set this to no limit and tried different things on alarm settings but it hasnt helped.

Has anyone see this issue? Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

I'm also experiencing the same issue, alarms used to work as intended prior to the version upgrade.
CONNECT:AMP running version 8.2 (build 39247040C).
Steps taken to try to resolve: I've deleted and created the alarm numerous times, recreated the playlist, used an alternative playlist, and reset the unit.
Is there a way to resolve this issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
are you sure repeat isn't turned on in that speakers queue.

You could download an mp3 (blank no volume) and have an alarm go off at appropriate time to cut off that plays that small file with now sound.
Repeat is somehow being turned on, I continue to turn it off, but repeat is again turned on when the alarm triggers.
This was not an issue prior to the upgrade, I suspect it's a software bug.
Any further thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes does same thing on mine. I even thought did someone confuse repeat days with repeat songs in coding and tried a one time alarm. Still toggled on repeat.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So only solution right now is if you want it to stop after certain amount of time is use that function in app or create a second alarm for the time you want it to stop.
I don't think that's a bug, it's working now that way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Seems would be better to give user choice where there was an alarm toggle that said repeat music selection vs making it a mandatory repeat.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea even does it with one song. So if someone wanted alarm to play just one song in morning it would not. It would keep repeating the song.
Check if the snooze feature is enabled, maybe the issue is caused by that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I had snooze turned off
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Enabling snooze has no effect.
I agree, there should be an option to repeat the playlist rather than have it default to repeat. Practically it creates a limitation to some users.

Let's hope the Sonos team provides the flexibility in the next update, or it's going to be a feature with limited use as part of 'home automation'.
Badge
I very much agree that Sonos should not decide for us users that any playlist is played as an alarm is automatically put in 'repeat' mode. It's ridiculous! I really, really hate this so-called 'improvement'.
I always wake up with a carefully composed playlist of classical music of about an hour's length. After that hour of music I want the music to stop so I can get to work. Now, every time the playlist ends, it starts again, making me think "hey I think I recognise this string quartet! Haven't I heard it just an hour ago?"
I think that Sonos should rectify this situation immediately out of courtesy to its users! At least give us the option to choose whether we want a playlist to be repeated within an alarm and don't make that the default setting!!!!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Totally agree with the sentiment here. Same difficulties here after updating the software it is now playing whatever the duration in the Alarm setting is.

Is the Sonos software development outsourced to people that don't use the system or is their Quality Control and or beta testing hit rock bottom. Sonos never gave me problems but recently I am getting disappointed with their QC.

Version 8.4 still shows the same annoyance. Please fix this "Enhancement" or "Improvement" it is not a feature.