8.1.1 Android controller lost room

• 8 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
My 8.1.1 Android controller lost room a few minutes ago, nothing seemed to be working to bring it back until I rebooted the tablet. The missing room had been the one selected on the controller and I had been skipping songs on a Napster station, AM Oldies, when it lost the Office 2 room. The music continued to play on the paired Play 3s.

Diagnostic # 8057206 if anyone at Sonos thinks that will be of value.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Stanley_4. Thanks for the diagnostic report. I attempted to pull up the report and it came back incomplete. This is usually indicative of data having a hard time passing through the network. I experienced something similar with my Sonos Ones. They would drop when I would start changing tracks repeatedly while grouped into another room or tried playing to the whole house at once. This was because I was grouping everything to my Bathroom player, which is the furthest from my BOOST. For me, I had to change the group coordinator. This is a designation of chief player in the group and is what room/player you start the group with. For instance, if I were to group the Living Room to the Bedroom (where music is playing), the Bedroom would be the group coordinator. Ideally, this player should have the best connection on the network because it will then feed the rest of your group.

Hopefully, you find this helpful. It may be helpful to have someone explain it in real time over the phone, and we'd be happy to do so. Here's our contact information.