3rd party apps

• 15 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Like many of you, I am extremely disappointed by the latest app update. I have been a long-time and heavy user. The latest update and recent issues I have getting reliable performance, has made me wonder if there are any 3rd party apps that could be used in lieu of the Sonos app on apple devices.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, LinkMan. Is there anything in particular that we can change to make a better experience? We are always open for feedback.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
SonoPad is a 3rd party app that runs on iPads. iPhone version is SonoPhone. I am no expert on iOS, but these apps also have the advantage of running on much older OS versions than the official Sonos apps.
Badge
This all started with Pandora changing their log in, etc. Sonos was slated to make a huge change a few months ago and basically kill all the 3rd party control that is in use, URC, C4, Etc Etc. Sonos you will see an exiting. Will it hurt your business, probably not. I actually get it, you do not want to "support" the integration community. Takes up to much re$ources. I think you are probably experiencing this in the Alexa integration. I could be way off base also. I like the debate on both sides. But I am on the side of being able to control everything, TV, cable box, AppleTV, speakers etc. Which Sonos cannot do. Thus why our clients look to us for recommendations along with purchasing power. I hope this email is viewed and in the next meeting someone says... maybe we ought to provide a true API for everyone to use, and or provide manufacturing licenses for full control of Sonos and services.
Badge +1
update the Mac Desktop app - its ancient and an embarrassment.... enough people have asked for this over the last 4 years or more. it needs reskinning in line with the iPhone / iPad app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
update the Mac Desktop app - its ancient and an embarrassment.... enough people have asked for this over the last 4 years or more. it needs reskinning in line with the iPhone / iPad app. Wow you really are on a crusade, is there a need to have a childish rant on more than one post? Again who are these "enough" people, I have counted fewer than 10? There are probably an equal amount who don't want the mac or windows apps touched.
Badge +1
Keep comments to yourself if you don’t have anything to add to the discussion, thanks