Answered

£3.99 refund

• 1 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Dear Sonos
Please pay me £3.99 for the SonoPad software I've just had to buy because you've made my 9.3.5 iPad useless with your own app!!!!!!!! Are you serious? You break your own app for users of older tech controllers!?!? Utter madness! I'm already not purchasing further Sonos until you make voice playback of local library possible through a voice assistant. Mind boggles. Used to be a great company. Going down whilst others are coming up 😞
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 1 July 2019, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Dear Sonos
Please pay me £3.99 for the SonoPad software I've just had to buy because you've made my 9.3.5 iPad useless with your own app!!!!!!!! Are you serious?

I assume you aren't serious with this request since companies rarely will reimburse you for expense you had in other companies.

You break your own app for users of older tech controllers!?!? Utter madness! I'm already not purchasing further Sonos until you make voice playback of local library possible through a voice assistant. Mind boggles. Used to be a great company. Going down whilst others are coming up :-(

Is there any speaker that allows you to initiate playback of local library by voice command? There are 3rd party work arounds to accomplish this with by voice, but not that is natively supported by Sonos, Amazon, or Google. I don't think this Sonos can really control themselves till Amazon, Google or some other voice assistant allows it to happen.

Sonos sound is great but the software is horse #$%. It's like we're back in year 2000.

it's so bad. I am telling any of my friend to run away and get anything else at it is pointless in year 2019 to make good hardware but deliver *** software.

Pretty sure they're getting royalties or whatever when people use all those "services" (e.g. spotify and the like) and as a result we got unflexible crap.

Dear Sonos
Please pay me £3.99 for the SonoPad software I've just had to buy because you've made my 9.3.5 iPad useless with your own app!!!!!!!! Are you serious? You break your own app for users of older tech controllers!?!?

Go ask Apple to refund the iPad they are no longer providing support for.
Pretty sure they're getting royalties or whatever when people use all those "services" (e.g. spotify and the like) and as a result we got unflexible crap.

And you would be 100% wrong. Sonos makes no money from subscriptions. The Sonos Music Partners program is open to any service that wishes to participate and is 100% free of charge. Says so right here:

https://musicpartners.sonos.com/?q=node/21

Sonos sound is great but the software is horse #$%. It's like we're back in year 2000.

it's so bad. I am telling any of my friend to run away and get anything else at it is pointless in year 2019 to make good hardware but deliver *** software.

Welcome to the forum. It was certaunly worth your while joining today to share those well thought out and informed opinions.

We are all enriched by the elegance of the prose with which those views were expressed.