Answered

2 subs + 2 play 5 possible in 1 room ?

• 7 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is it possible to add  2 ( gen. 3 ) subs with a pair of play 5 using S2 software (same room) Thanks.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 January 2022, 21:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge

Update, decided to get only one subwoofer (gen 2) , found out that the sub is so powerful , there’s no need (if it was possible) for a 2nd one in a 15’ x 28’ room.

Originally had a Pre-amp’s coaxial sub connector feeding a 200watts power amp. for two 12” subwoofers for mid bass, the Pre-amp’s tape monitor loop was used for a Bose equalizer, the Pre-amp stereo output was feeding a DBX 120 sub-harmonic synthesizer and it’s built-in electronic crossover dividing the 20Hz to 80 Hz to a 250 watts power amp to a custom 21’’ subwoofer driver/enclosure, the balance of Hz was feeding another power amp 125/ch to a pair of Bose 901 (GenVI) , with a huge amount of wiring interconnect, The result was incredible realism , similar to a live performance.

Since retiring, selling that system to the new owner of my city house, & moving to the country, i now have only 2 Sonos play 5 & 1 Sub , i’m impressed with it’s performance & simplicity, & still cannot believe the power of that Sonos sub coming out of 2 small opposed drivers.

In conclusion, there’s a difference in performance between the 2 systems, but when i compared the simplicity of only 3 power cords & the cost been 3 times less expensive in favour of the Sonos system, i’m happy.

Thanks again for your original answer.

Userlevel 7

No. Two Subs can only be added to a Sonos home theater setup.

Badge

Thank You very much, looked everywhere for an answer, even phone call to Sonos help desk wasn’t convincing, Regards,