Answered

2 subs + 2 play 5 possible in 1 room ?

• 7 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is it possible to add  2 ( gen. 3 ) subs with a pair of play 5 using S2 software (same room) Thanks.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 January 2022, 21:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

No. Two Subs can only be added to a Sonos home theater setup.

Badge

Thank You very much, looked everywhere for an answer, even phone call to Sonos help desk wasn’t convincing, Regards,

Badge

Update, decided to get only one subwoofer (gen 2) , found out that the sub is so powerful , there’s no need (if it was possible) for a 2nd one in a 15’ x 28’ room.

Originally had a Pre-amp’s coaxial sub connector feeding a 200watts power amp. for two 12” subwoofers for mid bass, the Pre-amp’s tape monitor loop was used for a Bose equalizer, the Pre-amp stereo output was feeding a DBX 120 sub-harmonic synthesizer and it’s built-in electronic crossover dividing the 20Hz to 80 Hz to a 250 watts power amp to a custom 21’’ subwoofer driver/enclosure, the balance of Hz was feeding another power amp 125/ch to a pair of Bose 901 (GenVI) , with a huge amount of wiring interconnect, The result was incredible realism , similar to a live performance.

Since retiring, selling that system to the new owner of my city house, & moving to the country, i now have only 2 Sonos play 5 & 1 Sub , i’m impressed with it’s performance & simplicity, & still cannot believe the power of that Sonos sub coming out of 2 small opposed drivers.

In conclusion, there’s a difference in performance between the 2 systems, but when i compared the simplicity of only 3 power cords & the cost been 3 times less expensive in favour of the Sonos system, i’m happy.

Thanks again for your original answer.