2 of 11 Sonos Zones show are missing in MacOS controller but show in iPhone controller

• 2 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Exactly what it says.  We don’t have any “old” S1 devices connected.  We have 9 zones, and they all show up on our iPhone Sonos controller app (the gold icon, S2 app), but 2 of them do not show up on the macOS app.  It happens that the 2 that are missing are the first 2 alphabetically but not sure that has to do with anything.  

Yes, I have rebooted _everything_ repeatedly, before you ask.

Sonos used to work amazing with no problems.  We had over 10 zones including 2 playbars, 2 subs, 4 play 3’s, 3 play 1’s and 2 play 5’s.  We got rid of 2 of them because they were “old” S1 devices.  Our house has Google Wifi mesh networking.  And we have the Boost.  This is just so frustrating that you are always messing with everything, and now it’s messed up.

I’m on macOS 10.15.7.  Please don’t say to upgrade to Big Sur b/c I’m not ready to do that yet.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there, @nuggetmaster.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

• First, verify if the controller (Mac) is connected to the same network as your Sonos system. 
  • The Sonos app for macOS must be updated, I suggest uninstalling the Sonos app on your computer by opening the app and clicking Sonos > Uninstall, then, download and reinstall a fresh one.
  • Test it, and if the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app using the Mac controller and reply back with your confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.

I have the same problem. Since a few days one of my 4 zones dissapears on the MAC controller. I am also using Mac OS 10.15.7. I have reinstalled the app on my mac but that did not solve the problem. I am hoping for a generic solution before I have to submit diagnostics reports.

Regards,

Hansie020

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Hansie020.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

To verify, this is only happening using a Mac controller, have you tried other devices/controller if there’s any?

If the above suggestions were followed and don’t help, please check the following:

• Verify if the controller is connected to another Wireless Access Point
  • Verify if there is an active VPN or VMWare/virtual connection
  • Verify and configure any existing firewalls or third-party anti-virus/firewall combo that may prevent the controller to connect. You can find information on configuring OS and third-party firewalls to work with Sonos in this article:  Configure your firewall to work with Sonos

Alternatively, you can reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time. I suggest contacting our phone team, for they have more resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

When calling, you can help us by also having the Mac computer available so we have the option to perform any hands-on troubleshooting and testing as needed.

​If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know.