Answered

10.2.3 bugs

• 7 July 2019
  • 4 replies

When I now open my app on my iPhone XR, it regularly only shows 3-4 out of 8 zones - with no rhyme or reason to which zones it shows and which it doesn’t recognize. Eventually they all show up. This happens if I relaunch as well. In addition, grouping zones now works about 25% of the time. And... often if it only shows 4 zones, when I try to group, all 8 will show up, but of course it won’t actually group them - the “thinking wheel” shows up and nothing.

I’ve never had this issue before this most recent app release. It’s extremely frustrating.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 8 July 2019, 07:37

I've seen similar issues, simple and apparently permanent fix is to use the router's DHCP to assign static/reserved IP addresses to each Sonos device. Power down Sonos, reboot router, power up wired then WiFi Sonos devices at one minute intervals.

You can do the same process without assigning IPs but that is a temporary fix and you may get the issue back at the next update or power failure.
View original

4 replies

It might help rebooting the router first, afterwards your Sonos units.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I've seen similar issues, simple and apparently permanent fix is to use the router's DHCP to assign static/reserved IP addresses to each Sonos device. Power down Sonos, reboot router, power up wired then WiFi Sonos devices at one minute intervals.

You can do the same process without assigning IPs but that is a temporary fix and you may get the issue back at the next update or power failure.
I haven't tried to assign static IPs... yet. Mainly b/c I know it's going to take a while to figure out how to do so. I did try rebooting it without luck, and deleting and reinstalling the app, also without luck. Interestingly, I don't have the same problem using the Sonos desktop app on my MacBook. I tried restarting the desktop app to see if it might take a while for all zones to show up, but they were all up right away.

Maybe I'll just get used to it! 😕
I’d give Sonos a call.