Answered

Updating sonos lists from Itunes

• 26 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I have asked before and even been pinned to supposed answers but they seem to be above my pay grade.  I cannot seem to get my Sonos system to update with new Playlists or all my playlists.  I have updated the music index.  This seems to be something that should be a simple update.  Can anyone walk me through it in layman’s terms?  

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 March 2021, 07:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +3

I found an answer.  When you update the music index,  you must do that on the Mac where you are storing the iTunes library…   Then the playlist updates. 

Badge +3

ok.    I will try that.  

I did find a long workaround.   I deleted the imported folder and readded it.  It is a silly answer as the process should be simpler than that.  The readd indexing takes like an hour.  

Userlevel 7

Try this:

In iTunes, select a playlist and go to File > Library > Export Playlist and save as an M3U file. After exporting the playlist to the “iTunes Media” or “iTunes Music” folder, re-index the music library in the Sonos app.