Answered

Unable to connect spotify - activation link failing.

• 17 September 2019
  • 4 replies

I am trying to link my premium spotify account to sonos, when I click "authorize", I'm being brought to a page where I'm supposed to enter an authorization link code. The page opens with an error "The link code you entered is not valid. Please check the link code and re-enter it below."

There is no link code provided either through the app, the page I'm being linked to, or by email. I've tried using the sonos iOS app as well as the desktop version.

Clearly I'm missing something here. Any suggestions?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 19 September 2019, 22:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Great. Glad it worked!
Hi zagged

Try this...
Log out of Spotify on all your devices. On your iOS device go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. After that's done on the same screen Click Advanced > Website Data you should see 0 bytes.

Go back and try setting up your Spotify account.

This worked - thanks so much 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi zagged

Try this...
Log out of Spotify on all your devices. On your iOS device go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. After that's done on the same screen Click Advanced > Website Data you should see 0 bytes.

Go back and try setting up your Spotify account.
I am trying to link my premium spotify account to sonos, when I click "authorize", I'm being brought to a page where I'm supposed to enter an authorization link code. The page opens with an error "The link code you entered is not valid. Please check the link code and re-enter it below."

There is no link code provided either through the app, the page I'm being linked to, or by email. I've tried using the sonos iOS app as well as the desktop version.

Clearly I'm missing something here. Any suggestions?