Question

Streaming from Tidal or Idagio app stopped working.

Badge

Hi, I’m using two streaming services: Tidal and Idagio. Since about a week I can’t stream from those apps to my Sonos anymore. In Tidal, my Sonos Connect’s and Beam don’t show up. In Idagio they do, but the music won’t play. From the Sonos app itself, I can play music from those services (e.g. by selecting from my albums).

I tried rebooting modem, router and Sonos systems, but that did not work. I also tried removing the services from the Sonos app and adding them again. That also did not work.

I have made a diagnosis with number 1474987482. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Brault, thanks for the update and to the information that you gave. If you found the volume working at the bottom of the Connect to device screen, then that could be how it’s being implemented. You can check on other devices if it’s also implemented that way. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Okay, my last note for today…

I get the most consistent results on iOS by starting the Idagio app without Sonos S1 running. I also just found the volume control in Idagio at the bottom of the Connect to Device screen, which is counter-intuitive…., and awkward. I’m stating to think my problems are not Sonos at all, but just a cludgey implementation by Idagio. Too bad, I’ll keep looking.

Thanks for your help…

Brault... 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I meant stay safe…

The Idagio app on MacOS controls Sonos volume just fine, only doesn’t seem to exist with the Idagio iOS app. Is this normal?

Brault...

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks Simon, for your quick response.

I’ve removed and re-added everything, and this particular problem has become intermittent. Spent several hours fiddling trying to isolate the condition, with no consistency yet. Even If I do get this working as expected, I’m still concerned that there is no volume control on the Sonos devices from the Idagio app - is that normal? There is no volume control slider in the app, the iPhone physical volume buttons aren’t effective, and the volume slider on the music screen on iPhone startup screen doesn’t do anything (although the pause/play and previous/next buttons do work). Is this expected? No volume control within the Idagio app is a show-stopper… 

I’m trying to get better access to classical music before upgrading my aging Sonos system with S2 devices, but may have to research what other technology may suit my needs instead.

I’m using a Sonos Connect presently to my main listening room - do you know if the Sonos Port has any sound quality advantages over the Connect? 

Thanks again. Stay save...

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Brault, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your issue on Idagio on your iPhone XS in Sonos. I’ll ask some things to check on this issue. 

• Are there any changes made before this issue occurred?
  • When did it start happening?
  • Are you getting any error message when playing from the iPhone controller on Idagio?
  • Have you tried to Reset the Sonos App on the specific controller device?
  • Have you tried to remove and readd or reauthorize your Idagio Music service account on the device?

Since Idagio is working on other controllers and devices, this may be isolated on the specific controller which is not working for Idagio. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m having the same problem - I’m on the 14-day trial period with IDAGIO, it works as a service inside the Sonos S1 app but not from my Xs on iOS 13.7. The IDAGIO application on my Mac works fine through Sonos, allowing the iOS Sonos app to control the play once it’s started. But from iOS IDAGIO just stops playing. Too bad, I really like IDAGIO’s handling of classical music but it’s too inconvenient to have to search from the Mac. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @FuzzyPhil, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you have the same issue with Tidal or Idagio. I want to ask some questions to further check on this issue. 

• Is it only happening on these two Music Services? How about on other Music Services?
  • Have you tried it on another controller device where you have the Sonos App If the issue persists?
  • Have you tried to remove and readd the Music Service if the issue still happens?

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help. 

I am having the same problem. I think it started after I upgraded to iOS 14. 

Also, the search within the Sonos app doesn’t work very well with Idagio. So I rely on streaming a lot.

Phil 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Godfried, thanks for all the information that you provided. Since you’ve tried other controllers and removed and readd the Sonos App's music service, still not working. We need to check further and have remote access to your controller devices to see what’s causing the issue. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Badge

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions:

• The issue started about a week, a week and a half ago, so about september 25
  • There were no changes in my setup of Sonos, nor were there any updates. There were no changes to the setup of those streaming services. At one point my iPhone XR updated to version 14.0.1
  • I did try on two other iPhones in our household, a second XR (13.7) and an iPhone 6 (12.4.8). On those, I could stream from Tidal but  not from Idagio…
  • Yes, there are prompts for an update on the S1 app. But I can’t update, since I have two older Sonos Connects in my system.
  • I  tried from my Apple Music app (I have some music stored locally on my iPhone). When I tap the casting icon, there is only my Sonos Beam to select (apart from Apple TV). Same with the TV app.

Thank you for your help!

Godfried Knipscheer

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Godfried, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community and sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Thanks for doing some troubleshooting steps in trying to resolve the issue. Upon checking the diagnostic information. It shows no issues with your Sonos system and the music services that were added on your Sonos App. I’ll be asking some questions to further check on this issue. 

• When did the issue start happening?
  • Are there any updates or changes that were made in the settings before the issue occurred?
  • Have you tried to play it from another controller device where you have the Sonos App?
  • Are there any prompts for an update on the Sonos S1 App that you’re using?
  • Is it limited to these Music Services? How about other content like on TV or Movies?

The Sonos community is always here to help.