Answered

start station option missing?

• 20 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Since the latest update the option to start a station based on a song or artist in Apple music seems to have disappeared. Has this functionality been removed for some reason?
icon

Best answer by controlav 20 September 2019, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Apple seem to have removed it for some reason, based on other threads.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I’ve reported this in other threads and to Sonos support. So disappointing!
If indeed it is an issue created by Apple not properly interfacing with the Sonos API, then it is Apple that needs to fix it, there really isn’t anything that Sonos can do. Please direct your comments (and disappointment) to Apple for making this change on their side.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yep. Did that too...guess what? They said it was a Sonos issue.
Interesting. Thanks for that piece of information.

I'd recommend that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

I doubt that the community, or the community moderators, have an answer.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yeah. Did that too. Dealing with big companies.....I created a free for three months Spotify account. This feature still works there. At the end of the day, if it is Apple...they probably don’t care about my $14.99/month.
I'm afraid I agree with you on that part. Which is a shame.

And the other challenge is when you talk to someone representing the company, how confident are you that you're getting the "truth". It's hard to expect someone getting minimum wage to know 'everything' about things, especially those that might have just changed, and they've not been told yet. It's often a training issue, along with a 'how fast are things changing' issue. Not necessarily anyone's fault, it's just the way everything works.

But given that it still works on Spotify, it's hard to believe it's a Sonos issue. I suspect it's something like Apple setting up a new server and not properly defining the parameters on it. I've had that issue in my world more than once. New servers are great, but there's a lot of configuration involved in order to get all the data connections to work properly.