Question

Sonos Unable to Stream a Radio Show from an URL?

• 24 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi Folks,

This forum has solved a number of my problems with SONOS so I thought I might ask this question,  I am running Windows 10 on a desktop computer. The computer is connected to my SONOS network (8 devices) via ethernet cable.  Using the Edge browser, I have located a streamed podcast that I want to hear on SONOS. I can see the SONOS devices on my network.

I can hear and control the podcast on my computer.  Is it possible to hear (“Cast”) the show on the SONOS players in other rooms without connecting the “Line Out” feed on the audio card of the computer the SONOS “Line In” on the SONOS Connect which is 65 feet away.

Thanks,  all comments appreciated,

Cyclobiker

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

jgatie:  Thanks for the tip.  I not heard of it before but I have now had a chance to look over the web page and community comments Stream What You Hear.  At first glance “Kludgy”  seems a fair description!  If I can’t get it to work, maybe the simplest thing is to buy a long audio cable! 

Thanks,

Cyclobiker.

jgatie:  Thanks.  It is not a streaming URL.  It just that plays pre-recorded audio of a of a previous broadcast.  Is there a way to send the audio I hear to a SONOS group over ethernet/wifi network without using Line-In?

There’s a kludgy way. Download Stream What You Hear.  It’s a program used to stream your PC audio to a URL.  Then set the URL as a favorite station in Sonos by the procedure above.  That will get you what you want.  Note: I’ve never done it myself, but people say it works.

jgatie:  Thanks.  It is not a streaming URL.  It just that plays pre-recorded audio of a of a previous broadcast.  Is there a way to send the audio I hear to a SONOS group over ethernet/wifi network without using Line-In?

If it is a true streaming URL, you can add it as a favorite station using the Sonos controller.  See this link:

Add an Internet radio station to Sonos