Answered

SONOS library not updating (WD My Cloud Home)

• 16 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a 3tb My Cloud Home NAS with music, videos, and photos. The music was installed (CD rips) via iTunes. I have connected the SONOS app to find the “iTunes Media” folder on the NAS by adding the My Cloud Home as a Music Service (as per guidance on the SONOS site). However, when I now change details in iTunes (e.g. add an album, change artist name, delete an album), the library on the SONOS app isn’t updating.

I read a post about recycle bin issues but there is no recycle bin set up on my My Cloud Home.

icon

Best answer by beynym 16 March 2023, 14:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Automatic updates of your music library have to be configured in the app: Settings → System → Music Library → Plan indexing should be activated, you can choose a time.

Thanks beynym. I have the same problem. All my old songs play fine and are returned in search, but no new items show up.

I do not understand how much indexing MyCloud does and how much Sonos does. When I run “Update Music Library Now” it returns immediately. I have regular updates configured but am guessing that is looking at MyCloud as a NAS when I am using it as a Music Service. “Plan indexing” sounds promising but I could not find it in the Sonos App.