Answered

Sonos Disconnects from Music Library

• 8 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a Port connected to my router via ethernet.  Wifi has been disabled in the Port.  Sonos regularly disconnects from my music library.  I get the message unable to browse music.  When this happened yesterday, I restarted my router (xfinity gateway) and the system worked fine all day.  The system worked fine for a couple hours this morning, but now it’s glitchy again, unable to play whole tracks without skipping forward and then stopping altogether.  Strange this happens with a port directly wired to router.  Not using wifi for it.

icon

Best answer by ratty 8 February 2022, 18:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

If you enable WiFi on the Port, do you experience the same issue?

I suspect an IP conflict. A rebooted router would have lost its lease information. All seems well, until a device comes along, requests a new IP, and is handed one that’s already in use. 

Reboot everything other than the router to refresh the IPs in the network. Alternatively sit it out for a day or so until all IPs renew themselves automatically. 

For a more permanent fix, reserve fixed IP addresses for your devices in the router.  

I reconnected the wifi.  So far so good but we’ll see.