Question

Songs not coded correctly

• 7 October 2020
  • 1 reply

My playlists on sonos app keep saying that the songs are not coded correctly and then skip and do not play the song, this is happening on numerous different songs every time i try play a playlist. Furthermore a lot of my rooms with sonos speakers in are not being picked up via the app. They work when you ask Alexa to play and specify a room but you can't use the app to control the devices.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

So, there’s a couple of possibilities at least.

I’d try first a refresh of your local network. Unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos speakers, wait a couple of minutes, then test.

I’d also be looking at the wifi interference FAQ, in case there’s something in there that might help.

Finally, if neither of those solutions work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.