Question

SiriusXM

not working for 3 days.  what now?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Sirius XM service is not down, the issue is most likely with your particular setup.  Can you stream from the Sirius XM app?  Are you able to access streaming services besides Sirius XM through Sonos?

Thanks for your prompt reply!  Everything else is working, including Spotify.  I can’t even stream SiriusXM through my desktop S2 app.  

The desktop S2 app is just a controller.  You aren’t actually streaming ‘through’ the desktop, it’s all happening on the speaker itself.  Can you stream SiriusXM through a browser or SiriusXM (not Sonos) app on a table or phone?  I suspect there’s an issues with your SiriusXM account, and the best way to check that is to look at SriiusXM streaming outside of Sonos.

Yes, I can stream through my Sirius app.   How do I sign out of Sirius in my iphone app and reinstall it?

Remove service: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2853?language=en_US

Add service: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2757?language=en_US

Actually, just removed it and reinstalled it with my credentials.  Still gives me the error “Unable to browse music”

Given the number of threads about SiriusXM over the last three or so days, I’m guessing there is an issue right now with SiriusXM, and the Sonos real-time status page isn’t picking it up.

I’d certainly recommend submitting a diagnostic, and posting the number here, to provide Sonos some hard data as to what the controller/speakers are seeing, so they can then pass on that hard data to the SiriusXM engineers, who are likely the ones who have to fix it.

At the same time (well, sequentially...), I would register a complaint with SiriusXM, so they’re getting pushback both from Sonos and from paying customers. 

talked to SiriusXM.  Their engineers said it’s a sonos problem since im able to listen to sirius on my iphone app as well as on my computer.  I stated it’s interesting that every other app on my sonos application (both computer and iphone) work except for Sirius.  They stated that it is a SONOS problem.  Ugh!

It might indeed be a Sonos problem, it’s hard to tell at this point, but it doesn’t really matter until it can get resolved, from our perspective. 

I will repeat my previous suggestion. Provide some hard data to Sonos by submitting a diagnostic, and posting the number here. Give them a chance to see what is in the error logs on your system. 

talked to SiriusXM.  Their engineers said it’s a sonos problem since im able to listen to sirius on my iphone app as well as on my computer.  I stated it’s interesting that every other app on my sonos application (both computer and iphone) work except for Sirius.  They stated that it is a SONOS problem.  Ugh!

As Bruce stated, it absolutely could be.  However,  I imagine whoever you talked to is drawing that conclusion because it’s not a problem with your account specifically and he doesn’t have reported outages on his side.  This sort of issues are sometimes are hard to figure out when everything looks right from the side you’re looking at, and it appears to be working fine for the majority of people.

Submitting a diagnostic could help figure out what’s going on .

I’m having the same issue for several days.  Diagnostics sent (1632645305).

Ok folks.  Figured out myself.  I was running ios 13.xxx.  As soon as I forced the IOS 14 update, SiriusXM worked on my Sonos App (iphone only).  The desktop version still doesn’t work with Sirius.  However, I’m running Mojave and that’s ok.