Recent 15.1 update - Sonos Boost 'Updating' (looks like an app glitch)

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi

Did the update last night and ever since, my Boost sporadically shows as ‘updating’ on the app, with a blue dot next to it. It does sometimes show as normal but then reverts to this ‘updating’ status. It isn’t updating though and everything seems to be working fine. 

So looks like just a glitch and I have noticed folks on Reddit also commented the same.

Anyone else got this little issue?

Corry P 1 year ago

Hi Everyone!

The current issue with Boosts reporting that they are still updating long after they have finished doing so appears to be due to the Boost failing to report its current status back to the Sonos App.

To be clear, the Boosts have successfully updated, but have failed to report their status back to the controller and therefore the in app “updating” message is erroneous and can be ignored.

If you log out of the app, the Boost should no longer erroneously show as updating in app. You can control playback of your Sonos system without logging into the app, so if the message is bothering you you can sign out of the app, but note that while logged-out, you will be unable to configure the system. If any speakers/players show as updating, we recommend rebooting these devices.

If you require any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our technical support team.

We would like to sincerely thank you all here on this thread for your assistance in our investigations.

If you’ve just come across this thread, we no longer need further diagnostics or reports. Thank you

We will of course aim to resolve this in a future update.

View original

247 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Just had a weird issue the app said my five left and sub in my music room setup were disconnected rest of my speakers all connected on wm:0 odd as the left five speaker is the one connected with ethernet providing sonosnet to the house 

Got them connected again after a few tries 

Same issues

Diagnostic. 913032044   

Same here

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The new update is out for the new speakers so let’s hope it fixes this issue 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Happy to report that the new Sonos update 15.1.1 has fixed my Boost updating error!! Hopefully everyone else has noticed the same.👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Happy to report that the new Sonos update 15.1.1 has fixed my Boost updating error!! Hopefully everyone else has noticed the same.👍

My app is also open and so far, so good 😁

Message from Holland:

It seems so far the problem with the Boost has been solved .

Fingers crossed

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

App has been open half an hour, playing music on my kitchen Ones - so far so good still regarding the Boost issue…………………..

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Looks like the 15.1.1 update has sorted the “Boot Updating” issue. Well done Sonos. 

I thought today’s update solved the issue, but now its back!   

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Still OK on my 3 signed-in iOS controllers in a large 2 Boost network - and I’m checking obsessively…

Userlevel 3
Badge

Looks like the 15.1.1 update has sorted the “Boot Updating” issue. Well done Sonos. 

Lol yes well done Lol 

Badge

Got 15.1.2 (Android) today in UK. Sorted issue. 👍

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

15.1.1 has not fixed the Boost “Updating issue 🤦🏼‍♂️

Odd that it has for most people, but not for you. I wonder if there’s something else going on that ‘s causing this issue. Have you submitted a diagnostic to Sonos, and called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

Badge

15.1.1 didn't t fix it for me but 15.1.2 earlier today (UK) did. Some people found 15.1.1 worked though. Diagnostic might help. 

My Boost is also stuck updating. My App version is 15.1.2

Diagnostics: 1345476286

Please help :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @timbra 

Please note that we haven’t yet addressed this issue, although it seems some people found that going through another update did seem to fix it.

For now, I can only recommend you either ignore the notification, or if the notification is making things difficult, to sign out of the app - you will still be able to control your music playback.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I find that even after the most latest update, “updating “ still appears but then disappears soon after until I open the app again. 

Still having the updating issue

1752096348 Support record

same problem here….

diagnostics  1318033558.

waiting for a real update of the Boost which might update the status ?

Badge +3

Updated to 15.1.1 (US) and still having this problem.