Answered

Playing music directly from Amazon Music

Please can someone help me with playing music directly from amazon music? If I play a track from the app it just plays on my phone. I have Sonos One. Thanks
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 June 2018, 20:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

There are a quite a number of different ways to play the music from Amazon on your Sonos One speaker, but can you be a bit more specific please with your question as it’s slightly ambiguous.

Are you asking how to play Amazon music from the Amazon App itself direct to your Sonos One, if so, that is not currently possible? If you use iOS then it will be possible when Airplay 2 is released by Sonos sometime in July 2018.

Meanwhile if you are a Prime or Unlimited AM user, you could install the Amazon Music Service in the Sonos App and launch tracks to your speaker from the service within the Browse Tab.

And/Or you could install the Sonos Skill in the Amazon Alexa App and link your Sonos Account to Amazon and play their streaming music service via Alexa voice control on the Sonos One.

You will find plenty of information to get you started with all these things in the help section of the Sonos App and also in the community help/support pages. Here are a couple of links to help get you started...

Setting up Amazon Alexa on Sonos

How to add a music service to Sonos

Using AirPlay with Sonos
Thanks for your reply. My question could not have been that ambiguous as you have answered my question.

I find it quite disappointing that when I play my music on the Amazon Music Unlimited app it only plays on my phone and not the speaker. Do I have to transfer albums or playlist into the sonos app to play them using my phone?

Thank you for the links by the way.:D
Glad I managed to provide the answer you needed. I wasn’t quite sure what you were seeking, but it seems are looking for a feature in the Amazon App that works similar to the Spotify 'connect' service... Amazon have not yet trodden that 'connect' path with their App at the present time.

The saved Amazon playlists will come through automatically into the Sonos App and stay in sync when you install the Amazon Music Service.

If using iOS, the integration of AirPlay-2 in July will allow you to send the audio stream from the Amazon Music App direct to the Sonos One. If you don’t have access to AirPlay-2, then you will have to either use the Sonos App and/or the Alexa Voice Service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea reading your post - once airplay2 goes live next month you will be able to direct play from the iOS iPhone app for amazon music.
Surprised that Amazon hasn’t integrated Sonos Direct Control into its app yet. Their Audible app has it, and they even support Chromecast on Android, despite their bitter rivalry with Google. Perhaps enough people asking for it on Amazon’s forums will help. Grousing at Sonos won’t help at all. It’s something Amazon would have to build into their app.
Well thank you, I think my frustrations have been answered. I have emailed Amazon regarding this as well as I had a feeling it was not a Sonos Issue. I will see what they come back with. If there is nothing in the pipeline i will be changing to back to Itunes and using Airplay 2.

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to me regarding this.

Thank you so much

Regards
Mathew
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you tried the amazon app within Sonos app. It will at least play your playlists to the speaker. I image as above that amazon should be rolling out direct play to Sonos from app in future. And airplay 2 should direct play once it comes out so that will solve issue as well
I have just had amazon on the phone and they are confirming the direct connect feature is not in their app and will no connect to sonos because it is not an amazon product.

Very frustrating. If I had Spotify, would the Alexa feature still work in the Sonos ONE?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can voice control Spotify with Alexa just like amazon unlimited. Spotify does give you direct play from Spotify app vs having to use Sonos app (as with amazon unlimited)

Airplay 2 will give you direct play from amazon unlimited app when it comes out in July if you have iOS device.
Best Solution
This is one of the most important question for every music lover who is moving to other music service. Everyone wants their playlist on the new service. For your suggestion, I recommend you to try Musconv, this is not free but it will surely help you to transfer your large playlist from any music service to any of your new service.
Best Solution
This is one of the most important question for every music lover who is moving to other music service. Everyone wants their playlist on the new service. For your suggestion, I recommend you to try Musconv, this is not free but it will surely help you to transfer your large playlist from any music service to any of your new service.

This sounds a lot like spam. Amazon Music now has Alexa Cast, which works beautifully with Sonos. No need for your software.