Answered

Play 5 not appearing in Spotify Connect

• 21 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

Anyone have a fix to make the Sonos play 5 speaker appear in Spotify connect menu (both on the Spotify iOS and macOS app) ? Rebooting the Sonos used to do the trick for me but not anymore. 😞 Rebooted the Sonos, rebooted my router / modem, uninstalled and reinstalled the Spotify apps, removed and readded my Spotify Account in the Sonos App. Nothing. :(

icon

Best answer by Jurri.tr 23 October 2019, 18:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

For others who are having the same issue, would you mind explaining how?

Phone support resolved the issue !

Hello AjTrek1, 

Thanks for your reply. Plugging the Sonos Play 5 via Ethernet made it appear on Soptify Connect, and once unplugged it disappeared again. 

Here’s my diagnostic number : 83256736

Thank you !!

Userlevel 7

Hi Jurri.tr

Well you appear to have done everything thus far to resolve the issue. However, there are a couple of other tricks you can try.

1. Check your routers admin page for updates and install if available.
  2. Try connecting the Play 5 via ethernet to your router. Check your Spotify. If OK remove the ethernet. If it disappears again submit a diagnostic, post the reference ID in this forum and call Sonos tech support or contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Hopefully, one of the above will resolve your issue. Let us know how things sort out.

Cheers!