Question

My Sonos - can't load albums

I want to add an album to My Sonos but I get a message that no slots are available. I only have 61 albums so far. I thought I could store 65,000 songs. What do I need to do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You don’t add all the albums to My Sonos. That’s just for your favourites or playlists and even radio stations. Where are you storing music you add?

All the music you have is located in the Browse section. You choose the source then browse by artist, album etc.
My Sonos has Albums as a category. All the albums I put there I added after doing Search in Sonos and selecting them. I hoped I could add my CD collection by selecting them in the same way, but I've run out of "slots".
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
As already asked: where are you storing the albums?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You don’t store them all in my sonos as favorites. You go to my music (assuming they are on an nas or something as to why nick keeps asking) and select albums and they all show there)

if if they are in a music service just go to favorites in the music service and link that favorites to my sonos.
I didn't know that I was storing them. I've already said how they get in "Albums": I run Search - of Apple Music, - pick an album, and assign it to My Sonos. I'm not purchasing the albums.
Okay, Chris. I looked up NAS and I see that it means network attached storage. So I went to Apple Music, picked an album (the same way I was doing it on Sonos), and added it to Albums in Library on the Apple Music app on my phone. I assume that means the actual album is not stored on my phone, merely a link to it on a server somewhere. Now, how to I get that link added to My Sonos?
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
We all seem to be talking at cross purposes.

I assumed (more fool me!) you had music on a computer hard drive, NAS or similar.

Please will you confirm whether or not you have added Apple Music as a “Music and Content Service” in the Sonos app? I don’t want to assume that's how you are accessing the albums.

If you are not using the service, what are you doing to play Apple-sourced music on the Sonos speakers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Right Stephen - save the albums to favorites in Apple Music (that way you have access to them at home on Sonos and when out and away to on your phone).

Now delete the albums you direct added to My Sonos (unless some in a service other than apple music you want quick access to) and put them all in the Apple Music Favorites (unless you have a couple that you do want in My Sonos for quick access one click).

Now in the Sonos app go to Browse at bottom...choose apple music-Click on My Music-Albums-now you are where your favorite albums are showing in Apple music. On top right there is a … button on top right and click Add to My Sonos.

Now when you go to My Sonos at bottom you will have a category called Apple Music Albums with all your favorites there. As you add albums to favorites in apple music now they will automatically populate in My Sonos category.

I would do same thing for playlists in Apple Music - this time in apple music in sonos app pick My music-Playlists- and go to top … and add playlists then to your My Sonos so they all show under my sonos for quick access.
Thank you, Chris. That's a bit complicated but I think I follow. Nik, the answer to your question is of course yes: I do have Apple Music listed as a Music and Content Service on Sonos. While we're on it, do either of you prefer Spotify, and if so, why? I find it very painstaking to search for albums on Apple. Suppose, for example, I want a particular recording of the Brahms Second Symphony, I have to scroll through hundreds, if not thousands, of Brahms albums to find it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have both. Kids prefer spotify I tend to use Apple Music