Most Threads Closed - So....

• 19 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I have read countless threads about Sonos speakers not connecting using Airplay (on iPad) with the usual response of restart, reset …. ad nauseum… I reset everything, works for  a short time and then, right in the middle of a playlist… DEAD. Is there any real fix to this? I have 4 SL 1 speakers and the ARC soundbar. and this is really getting tiresome but before I leave a bad review, I’d like to get some feedback.

3 replies

Thanks Belly M, that seems like a logical cause as they work fine when I run them through my PC and I the past, they have worked fine with all devices and my current network configuration (which I will describe below for Bruce), except for the occasional speaker reboot which I had no issues with. Here’s the configuration:

Xfinity 1 GB service

TP-Link AX-5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router (automatic weekly reboot)

4 Sonos One SL speakers throughout the house

1 Sonos ARC

Samsung TVs, two iPhones (which control speakers just fine) and two iPads (which seem to have the problem).

thanks,

Noah

Badge +20

Wait for iOS 16.4 - that’s the fix as Apple broke HomeKit.

As in those ‘closed threads’, likely ‘closed’ due to inactivity, the usual reason for issues in connecting to a speaker is some sort of network issue. Certainly your experience of it working for a short period of time points in that direction. 

However, the substantial lack of details about your network in your post don’t assist anyone here in doing anything but guess at what might resolve the issues you’re experiencing. There are several potential network issues that might be causing this, providing more information just might help us point you in the correct direction. 

As it stands right now, the best suggestion would be for you to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.