Losing connection to Spotify

• 22 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

In order to listen to Spotify, I have to delete and reload the Sonos app, and reboot my router every time.  After six months of this, I’m almost ready to move on to a different system.  Has anyone found an effective solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Never had this problem in over a decade of use. When it fails next time, get a diagnostic and ask Sonos support what is going on.

Userlevel 7

I’ve been using Spotify on Sonos for 9yrs+ and not once have I had to delete and reinstall the Sonos app, combined with a router reboot, just to play Spotify. The worst that has happened was I had to reauthorise Spotify once in the Sonos app.

I would suggest your issues stem from a poor router. How are your Sonos speakers connected? Over WiFi or do you have a device wired to your router. If you don’t have a speaker wired, I would recommend that as an initial step to see if your experience improves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you are continually booting your router, I suspect duplicate IP addresses: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

I’m not experiencing SPOTIFY issues.

Userlevel 1

I’ve been using Spotify on Sonos for 9yrs+ and not once have I had to delete and reinstall the Sonos app, combined with a router reboot, just to play Spotify. The worst that has happened was I had to reauthorise Spotify once in the Sonos app.

I would suggest your issues stem from a poor router. How are your Sonos speakers connected? Over WiFi or do you have a device wired to your router. If you don’t have a speaker wired, I would recommend that as an initial step to see if your experience improves.

I gave this two weeks to ensure it would continue working and it has.  Thanks so much for the info. Wired one speaker to the router and it works like a charm.  Thanks again.

Userlevel 7

I gave this two weeks to ensure it would continue working and it has.  Thanks so much for the info. Wired one speaker to the router and it works like a charm.  Thanks again.

I’m glad this worked out for you and you can now enjoy using your system.

Wiring a speaker means your system connects through SonosNet which is a mesh network solely for your Sonos devices. SonosNet broadcasts on either channel 1, 6 or 11 (within the app, Settings > System > Network, you will see the applicable network channel being used). Ideally, you then want your router’s 2.4GHz channel to be broadcasting on either 1, 6 or 11 rather than Auto, but not the same channel as SonosNet.

If you own either a Roam or Move, they will always connect through your router’s WiFi rather than SonosNet.

Badge

I have the same problem than NS Parrotheah. I have a Sonos app reliability issu. And I can’t wired on of my speakers (Play 3 and Sonos One SL) to my router (too much wall to go through) . A Sonos support tech told me that my Wifi modem (GigaBit modem) only support Wifi 6 which is not supported by my speaker. A Sonos Boost may resolve this issu. Any experience with SOnos Boost to make a sonos network more reliable ?

Userlevel 7

I have the same problem than NS Parrotheah. I have a Sonos app reliability issu. And I can’t wired on of my speakers (Play 3 and Sonos One SL) to my router (too much wall to go through) . A Sonos support tech told me that my Wifi modem (GigaBit modem) only support Wifi 6 which is not supported by my speaker. A Sonos Boost may resolve this issu. Any experience with SOnos Boost to make a sonos network more reliable ?

The Boost works the same as a wired speaker, minus the actual speaker capabilities. You could always temporarily wire one of your devices to the router and if you see an improvement, buy the Boost, then move the speaker back to it’s original location.

Regarding your router, I’d take a look at the Sonos System requirements to see if anything stood out to help improve your experience over WiFi.