Answered

Error code 32 on Update

• 25 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Yesterday one of the regular updates came through on my system and I pressed the update button. One of my Play:3 speakers updated fine, the other gave the Error code 32 message that is in the title.

I can’t use the one that failed the update, as it’s now trying to update each time I select that speaker and failing. Any idea how I can recover from the update that has just turned my speaker into a brick :p?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by neilyh 26 May 2023, 10:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Just to close this one out, the support team did help resolve this one.

Error code 32 appears to relate to some issues with the local network and the speakers ability to connect to the update servers. Plugging the speaker directly into the primary node of my mesh network and reattempting the update allowed it to proceed successfully.

And for some further information, here’s the two Play:3’s that I have on my network … one which did work with the update and the other which didn’t :

Play:3: Living Room
Sonos OS: S2
Version: 15.4 (build 73041050)
Hardware Version: 1.8.1.2-2.0
Series ID: A100
IP Address: 192.168.1.87
WM: 0
OTP:
---------------------------------
Play:3: Office
Sonos OS: S2
Version: 15.3 (build 72240060)
Hardware Version: 1.8.1.2-2.0
Series ID: A100
IP Address: 192.168.1.227
WM: 0
OTP:

I’ve tried to connect it directly to one of my network nodes, no difference, still gives me the Error code 32.

Any ideas?

Just for a visual of the error :