Answered

Cannot disable usage data sharing on Windows app

• 28 March 2023
  • 1 reply

So just got the Sonos Era 300 and installed the Windows app.
Aside from the fact that the Bose app is definitely better, I don't like Sonos collecting my usage data.

So I tried turning it off:

1. Open the settings
  2. Go to Additional Usage Data
  3. Uncheck the checkbox

But there's no save or apply button. So next time I open the settings, it's still checked.
I don't think this is legal, and I already find it very dodgy that it's set to enabled by default.

Any way to turn this off?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 28 March 2023, 13:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you have a Android or Apple smart phone or tablet, I suggest that you download the relevant app as it has many more features than the Windows version.  In the Android App, there is a ‘Done’ command in the top right corner.

Your profile doesn’t state your location which makes answering questions and trying to resolve issues much harder.  I would suggest that if you intend to use the forum, that you update your profile.

The additional usage data that you are referring to is not personal information and so is not covered under the GDPR legislation (if you are within Europe - including the UK! 😁)  It includes two types of information:

1/ Performance information;

2/ Activity information.

For further information, please see: Privacy Policy | Sonos