Answered

Can't connect to Spotify

• 17 September 2019
  • 3 replies

In the spotify app I can see sonos, I try to connect to the speaker and it continuously tries to connect. Under the sonos app, I tried adding music service, spotify and it just says unable to add spotify account. I do have a premium student account. So why cant I cast or connect to sonos?

Noel
Diagnostic # 880951804
icon

Best answer by noelgav 18 September 2019, 18:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Embarrassingly, sometimes the solution is the simplest. This donned on me when I was troubleshooting, it says make sure your device is on the same network. I checked my phone and my phone was connected to wifi but the 5GHz, while sonos was connected to the 2.4GHz. Once I made sure everything was connected to the 2.4 GHz everything was working. I hope this helps other people who come across this post with similar mistake.

Noel
Sorry, I have unplugged my router, modem and all devices, still issues.
Might be time to contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.