Answered

Can't add BBC Sounds to my services

When I try add BBC Sounds to my services on Sonos I get an error that says ‘Check your network connection’. Adding all other services has worked fine, and I’m not having any issues playing from any services I have added so it only seems to be BBC Sounds. Is anyone else having this issue and know a fix?

icon

Best answer by controlav 28 March 2023, 14:48

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@controlav I can confirm BBC sounds is supported by S1 if your address is in the UK.

Hi.Thank you for the advice.I have altered my profile to show my UK address.Will now wait 24 hours to see if BBC Sounds is added to ‘Add Music Services’. Regards, Mark

Must be doing something wrong! Still no Sounds on my list! My account is now registered in UK. What to do? 

BBC Sounds is not included on the list of services on my Sonos. Yet your guides state it should be. How can I find it? I am in the UK. Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

S1 or S2? (Last I checked, S1 didn’t support BBC Sounds).

What country is your Sonos account set to? May need to be set to UK, wait 24 hours, then add BBC Sounds service, then set it back.

Have you checked your account settings, as suggested by @controlav ? Go to the Sonos website, and click on the log in account icon, once you’ve done that, go to Profile, and look at your Address. If there’s nothing listed there, then Sonos can’t show you the appropriate services. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have the issue on the Sonos 1 app - BBC Sounds not included in the list of services. I looked at my online profile and there’s no address. So I update it to my UK address which comes up as saved and then it reverts back to the US after a few seconds. I’ve tried saving a couple of times. Please help! Sally

The inability to change the account’s address is also listed here:

Still no joy.Am using Sonos 2.Mark

They’ve posted in that thread as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You still haven’t said if you are running S1 or S2.

Must be doing something wrong! Still no Sounds on my list! My account is now registered in UK. What to do? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

From another thread, 

In the Sonos App goto Settings/System/System Updates and hit Check for Updates. This can be necessary to force a refresh of the service list.

Thanks for that.However ‘updates’ are up to date. Mark

I have the issue on the Sonos 1 app - BBC Sounds not included in the list of services. I looked at my online profile and there’s no address. So I update it to my UK address which comes up as saved and then it reverts back to the US after a few seconds. I’ve tried saving a couple of times. Please help! Sally

Sally, I’d suggest a PM to one of the moderators, or a call to Sonos Support. They appear to be aware of the issue, based on other threads, but haven’t yet, to my knowledge, come up to a good solution. Not that it helps you in any way, but I’m in a similar situation, I can’t change my location, either.