Answered

BBC Radio 2 Disappeared

• 5 October 2019
  • 6 replies

All the Tunein BBC stations have gone and I especially miss Radio 2. Apparently Sonos know about this but there seems to be no fix at the moment.
Does anybody have a solution?
I don’t want to have several hundred pounds worth of “super high tech equipment” sitting unable to function as it was intended.
Perhaps I’ll just get my 25 year old Denon receiver back into operation - at least I know it works consistently well!
icon

Best answer by ratty 5 October 2019, 19:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I’ve checked that and was set up correctly. No updates were found on checking either. I might try uninstalling and starting again from scratch to see if that helps at all.
Update - reinstalling the app worked! Thanks ratty for your help here.
It wouldn't have flagged any updates, assuming your firmware is current. However the update check also refreshes the permissions list which your system uses to determine service availability.
See https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/information-bbc-on-tunein-6830711

BBC stations are still available via TuneIn on Sonos, when selected using a Sonos controller. Voice activation, however, is affected by the BBC's decision.
It seems that my controller must be working incorrectly. If I search for any BBC stations it comes up blank - on both of my iPhone and iPad. Both are up-to-date and installed correctly. Could this be an iOS issue?
My iOS controllers list BBC stations in search.

I'm not sure whether it has any bearing but check that the country is set correctly in your Sonos account. If it's not 'UK' correct it, then get your Sonos controller to check for updates.