Answered

Audio glitches with Youtube Music via the Sonos App?

Show first post

110 replies

Yeah I don't think so. It works flawlessly playing music from my local computer or from other streaming services. It's definitely something to do with YouTube Music and not my setup. 

Maybe contact the YTM support desk - I’m in the U.K. and it’s working okay here, so it might just be a local issue, or perhaps less-likely, an account-linking issue.

edit: Note there are no reported issues with the services, as shown here on the status page:

https://status.sonos.com

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @bobby.batson - it doesn’t look like you’re on a Beta program currently. I’d recommend that you reach out to our Support Team via live chat or phone call, so they can take a closer look at what’s going on, and go through some live troubleshooting.

It would also help if you took a diagnostic shortly after experiencing the issue, and take a note of the confirmation number - that will help when looking in to what’s causing this :)

Have you followed the suggestion made by the Sonos employee Xander P in this thread?

I called support, and after going through all of the things that everybody else has mentioned above, they suggested that I keep monitoring the problem and report back to them in a week.

So yes, I followed that suggestion and it did not help resolve the issue.

Badge

I will add my name to the list of those having issues with YTM only.  I have no issues with any of the other services.  Some days are worse than others.  Today, for example, has been pretty excessive.

I think I have tried most of the suggested conjurations to no avail...

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @p_wats.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

And giving us some feedback regarding the status of your case.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Have this same issue. Not as frequently as some other posters here. Still annoying to have your speakers “screatch” at you randomly. 

im noticing another issue with playlist playback. Any of the “mix” type playlists saved in your YT music playlist library will show up in the Sonos app fine but when you select a song from the playlist, Sonos will just play some random song and not the one you selected. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Mark P I have now changed the wireless channel, removed/re-added Youtube Music as a service and tried different controllers, but just had another audio glitch. 

Earlier today, when the glitches were getting annoying, I switched services and listened to a full album on Bandcamp via Sonos and had no glitches. 

Note that the API used by YouTube Music is the same one used by all other streaming devices. Sonos doesn’t create an API for just one service. I suspect it is the implementation of that API by Google’s/YouTube’s engineers that needs addressing. 

Same here, started a couple of weeks ago with YTM.