Answered

Audio glitches with Youtube Music via the Sonos App?

Show first post

110 replies

I have the same issue with YouTube music as well.   High pitched static chirp every once in a while.  On all 4 play 1 and one play 5.

Yeah I don't think so. It works flawlessly playing music from my local computer or from other streaming services. It's definitely something to do with YouTube Music and not my setup. 

Maybe contact the YTM support desk - I’m in the U.K. and it’s working okay here, so it might just be a local issue, or perhaps less-likely, an account-linking issue.

edit: Note there are no reported issues with the services, as shown here on the status page:

https://status.sonos.com

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yeah I don't think so. It works flawlessly playing music from my local computer or from other streaming services. It's definitely something to do with YouTube Music and not my setup. 

I'm having this problem as well. I mostly listen to local music, so I don't know how long it's been going on for, but the past couple weeks it's been really bad. Like someone else said, it's like a CD skipping. 

Perhaps go onto briefly outline your network setup and others here might be able to suggest some things to maybe try to rectify the issue. Just need to know things like make/type of router, WiFi channels in use, if using a SonosNet setup, other access points and if you use any ‘managed’ switches etc. or alternatively you could contact and speak with Sonos Support via this LINK, but before doing that submit a diagnostic report the next time the issue occurs and make a note of its reference for the Staff to take a look at whilst they are attempting to troubleshoot the matter with you.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I'm having this problem as well. I mostly listen to local music, so I don't know how long it's been going on for, but the past couple weeks it's been really bad. Like someone else said, it's like a CD skipping. 

Have consistently had problems playing YouTube Music on Sonos for the past year.  Deleted the YouTube entry in my services, and now I can’t add it back to Sonos.  YouTube Music plays perfectly on cellphone and other devices in the home.  Sonos App Says:  “there was a problem getting started. Please check your network connection. Then try again.”  YouTube music is not down, since it plays on my cell phone.  Other music sources play on the Sonos.  Not a network problem.  Does anyone else have suggestions?  Thanks.

Perhaps try an App reset in ‘Settings/System/App Preferences’ - sign back into the ‘existing’ system and Sonos Account and then try the install of the YTM service again from ‘Settings/Services & Voice’ (+Add a Service) … if it fails, then immediately obtain a system diagnostic report, make a note of the diagnostic reference number and go onto contact/chat to Sonos Support via this LINK.

Badge

Have consistently had problems playing YouTube Music on Sonos for the past year.  Deleted the YouTube entry in my services, and now I can’t add it back to Sonos.  YouTube Music plays perfectly on cellphone and other devices in the home.  Sonos App Says:  “there was a problem getting started. Please check your network connection. Then try again.”  YouTube music is not down, since it plays on my cell phone.  Other music sources play on the Sonos.  Not a network problem.  Does anyone else have suggestions?  Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Forget it, still have the issue:(

You mentioned a year ago you had ‘lags’ with Google - it seems a very long time to have these issues - have you checked your local network for problems and spoke with your ISP/Sonos Support?

You might just need to optimise your WiFi channels/channel-width and change a few settings to resolve your issues, perhaps?

Yep, had issues with Google Play, but since it was shut down and i moved to YTM, there were no problems until recent time. Surprisingly, there are absolutely no lags in any other source except YTM. Will continue investigation

You mentioned a year ago you had ‘lags’ with Google - it seems a very long time to have these issues - have you checked your local network for problems and spoke with your ISP/Sonos Support?

You might just need to optimise your WiFi channels/channel-width and change a few settings to resolve your issues, perhaps?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi All,

Got the same problem. My steps that helped:

• Settings->System->Network->Manage Networks->Update Network. Follow the steps.
  • While plain YTM any song, Settings->Products (your steup)->TruePlay->TruePlay tuning (tern it off and on again). You should here the difference in how the song is played when TruePlay is off and then on

Quote me if that helps. I will then try to explain why this is happening (P.S. nothing to do with YTM)

Hi Corry P. Thank you for these tips. I will try them out.

It does seem to be a YTM specific problem. But I will also change the speaker grouping, as well as potential interference in this living room area.

Thanks again! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @User829729 

The issue seems to be interference near the Play:3. As the Play:3 is in charge of the current group, this is affecting all your speakers. I recommend you disband the current group, then select Bedroom and group the other speakers to it. This puts the Bedroom speaker in charge of the group and should improve things.

I also recommend you identify and remove the source of interference near the Play:3 speaker - more help can be found on our reducing wireless interference page.

I hope this helps.

I have been having this same problem. My glitch sounds just like the recording that one of the other users posted. (Thank you for doing that!)

I have a few diagnostics to share, where I have sent them shortly after hearing the chirp.

Please advise on how I can resolve this issue. Thank you! 

Removed and readded the service and it's occurred again. Diagnostic:

Just wanted to add that we are having the exact same problem with YouTube music and Sonos. It's rather annoying.

Hopefully, a solution can be found!

I’ve got exactly the same problem. Seems to be only with YouTube Music. It’s almost like a CD skipping. I’ve moved all my sonos’s from Wifi to hard wired to see if that was causing it without any luck. 

This needs resolving as it very annoying. 

I chatted with YTM support and had them look at this thread (google “sonos 6849831”), see the linked videos and the locked google support thread that was linked earlier. 

The person on the other side was great and really wanted to help, but they couldn’t do much.  They checked with other team members around them, no luck.  Only thing on their script was to remove and add the account.  They didn’t have an option to escalate.

If someone has more luck, please update.

Hi, I used to get one big glitch when beginning streaming a track on YM via Sonos, then things would settle down. This morning, I've had to turn the music off as I was getting 3/4 glitches per track coming out of both and individual stereo paired Play Ones. I've dropped YouTube a msg but it's a horrible listening experience. I'm now listening through Chromecast on my old stereo...not a glitch at all. 

I called support, and after going through all of the things that everybody else has mentioned above, they suggested that I keep monitoring the problem and report back to them in a week.

So yes, I followed that suggestion and it did not help resolve the issue.

Have you followed the suggestion made by the Sonos employee Xander P in this thread?

I’m having the exact same problem as everybody else… if anybody finds a solution please let us all know!

Hi. I also have the same issue

Ytm via sonos app results in frequent in glitches (loud static noise) as well as period missing a beat.

This does not happen with other streaming services as spotify.

It also doesnt glitch if i listen to ytm via the ytm app.

I have tried lower and higher quality settings in ytm. But doesnt solve the problem.

Its soo bad i cannot listen to tym vua the sonos app.

100 procent sure its not my network. Fiber 1gb up/down and mesh wifi 5 network.

The conclusions above are right. The ytm api via sonos app is not good enough

Same here, really annoying glitches, chirps and micro-stutters. It’s happening on both wired and wireless speakers (play:1) as well as a playbar/sub/2xplay:1 setup. Other services not affected.

Same here, started a couple of weeks ago with YTM. 

Same issue here.

Thread is answered but the issue is not solved. Shame!