Question

Apple Music won't let me fast forward in the Sonos App

• 13 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Anybody have this issue? New to Sonos and found this a bit strange. I assume it’s normal?

Does it on every Apple Music song. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @djbullard87, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about what’s happening with your Apple music's fast forward function on the Sonos App. I want to ask some questions to check further. 

• Does it work before?
  • If yes, when was the last time it worked?
  • Is it only happening on Apple Music? How about other music services?
  • Is it working on the native Apple Music, or are you getting the same error?
  • Is it happening on all songs or podcasts or just specific ones?
  • Have you tried it on another controller device to have the Sonos App if the same issue will occur?

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hi. 
Thanks for your reply. I’m new to Sonos so this is my first time set up. It’s still like it however so it’s always been like it. It does it on my Arc Entertainment Set and One. Works fine on the official Apple Music app. And it does it on all songs. Spotify seems to work ok. Seems strange. I assume it’s not the norm? 
Also can I add my Arc to HomeKit? Hope you don’t mind me adding that on :-)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @djbullard87, thanks for the update. About this issue that you have on not being able to fast forward songs, We’ll take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. And Kindly check this article for Adding your Arc to the Apple Home App

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.