Question

Amazon Prime Music Stations get "Requested Operation Failed" error when selected from "Stations"

• 8 November 2019
  • 4 replies

I am able to select & play my Pandora & TuneIn stations just fine. When I select any of my saved Amazon Music Stations in My Sonos, I get “Requested operation failed. Please try again.” It never works, though. I have to Browse for it again to get it to play and then  it plays just fine. This is on the app on both iPad & iPhone. Any help out there? Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Have you changed your music service config since making the shortcut? The urls saved can become invalid after a music service account change, so you may need to re-add them to get the updated urls. As Browse always works, the service itself is fine.

Huh. That’s most odd. If you’d be so kind, would you post back here when you get it resolved, and let me know how it was done? I’d love to know more :)

Thanks, Bruce. I unplugged all my speakers and re-set my router, plugged speakers back in and it’s behaving the same way. Guess I will try to call Sonos.

That sounds like the request to Amazon is getting rejected for some reason by their servers, but works a second time.

It’s unsurprising that it works the same way on both the iPad and iPhone, since those “apps” are just remote controls to the software running on the speakers.

So, I’ve got two troubleshooting recommendations, followed by a suggestion to call Sonos Support.

First, I’d try a reboot of the your particular router.  In case there’s something “stuck” there, a reload of the firmware might help, and it would force it to pick up any potential DNS changes from your service provider.

Second, I’d actually try a reboot of your Sonos speakers. They’re where the request is actually being generated, and following the reboot of your router, having them also pick up any DNS changes and reloading their own operating system makes some sense.

I’m not 100% confident on this, though. While it certainly can’t hurt anything, it may not fix the issue. If it doesn’t, I’d recommend that you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.