Answered

Trueplay brings stereo pair out of balance

• 6 November 2022
  • 90 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I have a strange problem. In one room I have 2 sonos five in stereo. After trueplay is done, they are out of balance. I have to slide the balance 5 points to the right. If i toggle trueplay on off, it is very noticeable. with trueplay off balance is in center 🤷🏻‍♂️ Anyway to fix this without using the balance control? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 November 2022, 18:40

View original

90 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

But why have Sonos used over four months to figure this out? That is not good enough. Hopefully this was the last time software updates ruined my system. 

Badge

Have now tried my ones and they sound sorted. So all looks good for fives and ones…I’d forgotten how much better trueplay sounds. 

Next problem now is resisting the temptation to buy the Era speakers 🙂

Yes, sounds so much better with Trueplay. 

Haha mhmm. They look interesting. Didn’t really feel the design at first. Nice with built in Trueplay if it is as good. Still think it is beneficial to measure where you listen. But nice addition with Atmos. 

Userlevel 1

Yaaaas. Fixed. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hasn’t worked for me 😕

updated software and retuned (a couple of times). 
Any suggestions, please?!

Arc and 2 Ones

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hasn’t worked for me 😕

Arc and 2 Ones

Try a power cycle of all the speakers in that room.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Did a full power cycle of the 2 fives and the sub. 

Left them off for a couple of minutes.  

Turned the speakers back on, and toggled Truplay a couple of times, bit did not re-tune.

At LAST, Sound back to what it was pre December, thank you. 

I have learnt a lesson.  Let other try updates first, unless you are waiting a patch.  This fault totally destroyed the listening experience in my main music listening room.  Knowing how the system used to sound with Trueplay tuning (and it made a massive difference in a Garden Cabin in taking the Bass boom away) and then having to turn Tureplay off, and turn the sub way down, for the last few months just compromised the sound so much and stopped my enjoying the listening.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hasn’t worked for me 😕

Arc and 2 Ones

Thanks for the suggestion - tried it and it didn’t work. 
I’ll try a retune again now. 
what made yours work after initially not working?

As before, when I toggle Trueplay off and on it works, however, if I restart a song skip forward the issue returns. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hasn’t worked for me 😕

Arc and 2 Ones

As before, when I toggle Trueplay off and on it works, however, if I restart a song skip forward the issue returns. 

May have worked - will test over the next few hours. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hasn’t worked for me 😕

Arc and 2 Ones

Many thanks bockersjv

so, powercycle and then a Trueplay tune

if I then do a retune, issue returns

solution is then another power cycle and a Trueplay tune. 

👍

Badge

It worked for me by factory resetting the speakers and setting up the stereo pair before doing Trueplay. 

I have a strange problem. In one room I have 2 sonos five in stereo. After trueplay is done, they are out of balance. I have to slide the balance 5 points to the right. If i toggle trueplay on off, it is very noticeable. with trueplay off balance is in center 🤷🏻‍♂️ Anyway to fix this without using the balance control? 

Think this has just been solved with the most recent V.15 update on the app. Mine now work great with trueplay. Maybe update the app and Try to re-tune? Had the problem the last few weeks and now it seems to have fixed itself

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hasn’t worked for me 😕

Arc and 2 Ones

Many thanks bockersjv

so, powercycle and then a Trueplay tune

if I then do a retune, issue returns

solution is then another power cycle and a Trueplay tune. 

👍

Issue is back 🙈. Should I factory reset speakers and pair like you did or just wait it out and see if it self resolves?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Factory reset everything (including App) and all seems to be working fine now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I spent all last night listening to music in the Cabin (aka Shed) and the issue had gone.  I did not have to factory reset but I did power off the speakers both before and after the update.

It’s such a relief to hear the Trueplay working as before.  Listening without in that room was a big compromise.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I spent all last night listening to music in the Cabin (aka Shed) and the issue had gone.  I did not have to factory reset but I did power off the speakers both before and after the update.

It’s such a relief to hear the Trueplay working as before.  Listening without in that room was a big compromise.

Issue has returned for me - so frustrating 😕

Arc, 2 Ones and a Sub Gen 3. 

No Trueplay music issue when playing surrounds in Ambient mode, but once turned to Full, left rear is dominant (seems like the base in particular) - if I toggle Trueplay on and off it resolves it, but only until that track plays out. If I skip forward or back, issue is back. 

I factory reset everything yesterday again, but no good. 

Any ideas?

Thanks