Switching between inputs and a playlist and resuming from where the playlist last was, impossible?

• 15 November 2022
  • 5 replies

I have the same issue a number of people have complained about many years ago but I can’t see a resolution to what seems like a very basic function of any system.

I have a lot of music (tens of hours) in a playlist and would like to play through it all without repetition. However when switching to other inputs e.g. the TV, when I return it does not remember where it left off so you can only re-shuffle the queue or try and manually remember the last song, scroll through the list, find it and start from there which is not easy if you have 1000’s of songs.

This has been mentioned by many others but no solution is offered. Surely it is a basic function of any music system to resume from the last played song in a playlist so assume there must be a way otherwise why would anybody who loves music buy this system?

Threads on the same subject that are many years old and no solution has been offered

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Only work around I can think of is if your wanting to save you place is move the current playing to another speaker in your home and pause it.   Then do what you want on ths system with input.  Then when want to resume later group back with the other speaker saving your place and resume.

Thanks for the response. Not sure how I would do what you are suggesting as all my speakers are part of the same system so how would I ‘move the current playing to another speaker in your home and pause it’?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

When listening to the playlist on a speaker pause the music     Click on the center bottom icon (the one looks like equalizer) to bring up your speakers.   Click the grouping icon on speakers playing (upper left corner room or group playing).  Only check room you’re not going to need in near term.   Then the playlist will only be on that speaker.   You can then use other speakers as you need   When you want to go back to that playlist then click on the grouping icon for speaker you have the list saved on and then check the new soeaker(s) you want to lay on and start playing again  

this all assumes you have  a speaker in another room you can leave idle with the playlist  

Thanks. Unfortunately that solution won’t work with my setup. Is that really the only way to resume a playlist? This seems like a very basic requirement so amazed it can’t be done easily.

Badge

This would be my most desired feature.