Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Userlevel 2
It's been a week since the last official update to this thread now... I'll be sending an email to support as I know they do actually respond to all questions.

support@sonos.com

I know that they'll just tell me about the official policy from Sonos not to answer any questions on this topic and that I can find all the information I need in this thread but it will increase the attention given to the subject. I advice everyone interested in a controller for Windows 8 and/or Windows Phone to start mailing the support.
You may as well have said. "Thank you all for wasting your time on the survey, we received a lot of good feedback, sooo much so that it took us 5 months to read through it all. We are actively watching anything but this thread and reading anything but windows related posts on our community page. At this time, we still really don't give a crap like we haven't for the last couple of years and we won’t have any additional details to share and even if we did we wouldn't, but we appreciate your dedication to hoping that maybe someday we will. Losers
I'm not sure I understand the point of Ask Sonos - We Ask, Sonos never respond. Is it so difficult to see what that's going to do to customer satisfaction.
Same again, I need a Windows Phone 8 controller. It would also be cool if the Line In could be used without the controller.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the response.

Would it be possible for you write an update to this thread once a week? Since you're actively monitoring the content in this thread and no one at Sonos is working on the subject, it would be easy to tell us about the current status.

I know that it's sucks to have to tell your paying customers that you're ignoring them but I believe that we at least deserve to be told so.

I will keep contacting the support (support@sonos.com) on a regular basis, as they will actually respond, unless there's an updated official answer on this site.

Regards

/Dan
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Well thanks for this "answer". I would have preferred a direct answer like "no we are not going to develop any windows phone app" but ok. It's your business. I call it fraud at your customers. Be honest if you do not want to publish an app. Anyway. Your answer is helping me to decide if I'm going to invest in further sonos hardware. And the answer is a clear NO! I would have been happy to support your product even without the windows phone app. But i cannot support your ignorance towards this request and us customers. Therefore thanks for your great products, but your customer support is horrible!
Userlevel 2
Well that's my decision of whether to invest in the Sonos platform made.  I read somewhere after my earlier post that Sonos considered 2014 the year of software.  Well if that was true, then Windows is clearly not a strategic platform for them given their continual 'no update' position on Windows Phone/RT controllers, or a more usable desktop app for full 8.1 tablets.  This hasn't moved from the 'under consideration' position to either 'under development' or 'not happening' after 2 years, which is amazing for the official end-user forum and the level of requesting.  The current desktop app means they've some Windows programming resources available to them either internally or by contract and Microsoft have no doubt offered resource to bolster missing 'key' Store apps as someone else pointed out.  I'm looking elsewhere.
Must... refrain... from... hurling... abuse.

Not happy. &#x;
Userlevel 1
What a waste of time. What else can we do? Last straw Sonos. You have made it clear no Windows Phone app is coming. No more custom from me.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Sounds exactly like the same bollocks you've been fobbing us off with for over two years. Colour me unimpressed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thank you all for participating in the survey, we received a lot of good feedback. We are actively watching and reading all posts on our community page. At this time, we don’t have any additional details to share but we appreciate your enthusiasm and hear the request.
Userlevel 2
This has been and the most requested and most neglected feature for a very long time now. I do not believe this thread or this subject is being actively monitored by any representatives from Sonos.

Maybe emails directly to the support would work? If enogh people starts contacting the support they will likely give us response. I'm going to send an email a week starting today asking for updates on this request to the following address:

support@sonos.com
I sent a direct message to @Sonos and received the following...

Hi Eric, we got some great feedback but don't have any news to share right now. We'll let everyone know when there are any updates. 
I emailed Sonos tonight and got directed to this thread.  It's disappointing that customers have been requesting a Windows Phone app now for over 2 years and there's no feedback to say it's even being worked on.  Instead I got directed to a survey which indicates Sonos seem to be waiting on user feedback as to what requirements we have.  Surely something along the lines of the existing Android and iPhone apps would be a starting point after 2 years.  A Windows Phone app that can control what we'd like to stream.  By the way, I've no Sonos speakers myself yet, the lack of a Windows Phone app is holding me back from investing in multiple speakers given the cost.
I sent a direct message to @Sonos and received the following...

Hi Eric, we got some great feedback but don't have any news to share right now. We'll let everyone know when there are any updates. 
Userlevel 2
I emailed Sonos tonight and got directed to this thread.  It's disappointing that customers have been requesting a Windows Phone app now for over 2 years and there's no feedback to say it's even being worked on.  Instead I got directed to a survey which indicates Sonos seem to be waiting on user feedback as to what requirements we have.  Surely something along the lines of the existing Android and iPhone apps would be a starting point after 2 years.  A Windows Phone app that can control what we'd like to stream.  By the way, I've no Sonos speakers myself yet, the lack of a Windows Phone app is holding me back from investing in multiple speakers given the cost.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I bought a playbar beginning of this year assuming that windows phone would be supported.

I had a look here when I found out it isn't the case. So following the announcements of John I thought there is an app on the way. So I decided to keep the playbar and to extend the system when a WP app is released. Because I won't buy any android or ios device just for this.

but now I'm really wondering if such an app will ever be released. It's been 6 mont ago since the last statement.

is there really no information to share with us? Or has it been decided to release no app for WP? If this is the case please tell us and we can look for different solutions as then your product won't fit with my configurations.

would be really a pitty as I like the sonos system and had planned to extend it by a sub, 3 play1 and a play 5. But only if there is a WP app!
This is from your website, "The Sonos Controller App lets you browse and play your music from any device. Use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to stream...."
Userlevel 2
I'll buy more Sonos products if you support Windows Phone.
Was planning to by more Sonos units , but have decided to put in on hold. The entire familiy are using Windows Phones and Tablets. It have concequences for you, that you do not support the large Windows user base in a good way. I am tired of waiting! 
+1 - I have been holding off waiting for Windows Phone support. Unfortunately i am getting to the point where i will have to find a different solution as i can not wait much longer.
Was planning to by more Sonos units , but have decided to put in on hold. The entire familiy are using Windows Phones and Tablets. It have concequences for you, that you do not support the large Windows user base in a good way. I am tired of waiting! 
I am (and have been) holding off buying more equipment for my sonos system. I really wish they would speak up if there is an issue why they haven't done this yet. I hope that it isn't ignoring their customers.
Please!!! Waiting for a Windows Phone App!!! Please!!!
With Windows Phone 8.1 developing a cross OS app (8.1, Win Phone, and RT) should be a breeze.  with just about every major app div company working with Windows Phone I'm kind of surprised  to not see an official app yet.  There was a survey request 5 months ago. At least a "we're working on it" would be nice.  I love the Sonos system, and I install them fairly often, but I'm stuck with Phonos for control! While working great, an official app would be amazing.
Badge
So Sonos,

Is there any news yet?

Having problems with Microsoft?

How are you going to handel windows 9?
I have also decided to stop purchasing Sonos, because of the lack of WP support.