Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

The upcoming purchase of a Sonos soundbar depends on this. I will not purchase one if I cant control the whole system from my Surface RT! In fact I'll look at replacing my current products with a different system. Any news?
Seriously Sonos, this is starting to get really embracing…
I agree - a Windows phone app.is way past due.  I have the Phonos one, but it's features are limited and it's clunky.  But, I love my Sonos system.
As ratty stated, I'm no Apple fanboy. I loathe the company, and its founder. But I'm also a realist, and know a dog when I see it.
Please add a Windows 8 Phone app! Thx
We still miss a Windows Modern App as well as Windows Phone Apps. Windows Phone got a larger market share in the last 12 month. Selling each month nearly the same amount of device as Apple worldwide (if we look at the IDC numbers). With this devies we need in Integration into XBox Music as well.
I hope you guys develop an app soon. I am deciding on buying a music streaming solution for my house and am strongly considering sonos, but all my devices are Windows based. I have the Suraface 2, Nokia 920. If Sonos had an app for Windows RT and Windows Phone, I wouldn't have even considered anything else. Still hoping they will come out with an app before I buy.
Hoewel SONOS een der beste is wat muziekverdeling betreft, is het biezonder jammerlijk te noemen dat ze niet aan WP8 en Windows RT gedacht hebben. Hierdoor is het SONOS-product niet afgewerkt. Spijtig, ik had van zulks een bedrijf meer finishing touch verwacht. Hopelijk komen de app's er snel zodat SONOS zijn imago de beste kan waarmaken.
This would be a real additional benefit in contrast to the opponent Teufel. They also miss a Windows RT and Phone App. In my case: The first company offering such an app gets the award.
Windows Phone app OR simple hardware remote ASAP .... PLEASE!
Not sure why you two always turn up on a windows related posts, why bother if windows is such a waste of space.
I can only speak for myself, and Windows desktop is what I use each and every day. On the other hand Windows Phone/Mobile appears -- at least for now -- to be struggling, to the point where even the MS CEO was reported as describing its market share as unsustainable. Sonos will presumably invest their R&D money where the best immediate returns lie.

The other point I choose to challenge is where a poster takes the narrow-minded viewpoint that UWP is now the be-all and end-all of Windows development, when the majority remain with operating systems that only support Win32 applications.

As for 'always turning up', some of us are regulars who have for years chosen to offer voluntary assistance to users in need.
Please add a Windows 8 Phone app. It works great on android and ios so it cannot be that hard to move it to phone8 😉
Please SONOS, you cannot ignore Windows Phone/Surface. In Q3/2013 Windows Phone outsold IPhone in several EU countries. Get to Work and make an App!
So, you don't think people with differing opinions should be allowed to express them? You also say that expressing that opinion is a "waste of time"? Who is being condescending now?
We need this now... come on Sonos!
here's a thought, how about providing an update more than once every 4 months?!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hello,

We’ve created a brief survey which has some questions on what Windows Phone you currently use, what Sonos components you have, and what features are important to you. When you have a few minutes, we’d appreciate any feedback you can provide us via the survey.

You can take it by following this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AskSonosWindowsPhone

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback and support.
It's been a little while again and again and .......
There ist no value in your consideration, just do it!
When? 
Sonos has a survey now about Windows phones/apps: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AskSonosWindowsPhone

Possibly looking to finally develop an app?
I will post what I like, where I like, when I like. As long as I do not violate TOS, my posts will stay. Sorry if you can't handle that.
Really want to add my support for Windows Phone 8 Sonos controller app. Have just switched from Android (Sony) to W8 (Nokia Lumia) and missing the software.. Windows Phone 8 is gaining market share.. thanks Ben
I like to support this. We need a Sonos app for Windows RT and Windows Phone badly.
This will probably just lead to another years wait with nothing at the end. This request for an app has been going on for long enough now that we should have an app for wp8/rt,not be still waiting for Sonos to make a decision if to make one.
New reports show that windows phone is gaining market share, and is growing faster than other platforms, is sonos going to continue ignoring it? http://www.wpcentral.com/new-data-shows-windows-phone-rise-us-strengthens-third-position
I have 2 Play 3s and one Sonos amp.  I'm ready to buy two Sonos Connects once there are WP8 and Win8 apps, but I'm waiting to extend my system until I see Windows support.  I was hoping to do this before Christmas 2013, but that appears unlikely.