Answered

Sonos Voice Assistant Issue With Playlist Name Recognition

• 4 December 2022
  • 3 replies

My Sonos Assistant doesn't recognize my Apple Music Playlists.  If I instruct it to “Play my Sia Playlist” or “Play my Apple Music Sia Playlist”, it just plays a variety of Sia music and not just those songs on my playlist.  Help please.  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by StuHab 5 December 2022, 14:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @StuHab 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I have a suspicion that SVC (Sonos Voice Control) is playing a public playlist created by Apple Music, rather than your own. You could try renaming your playlist so that it’s less likely to be mistaken for another - call it “test” at first to test it and to be sure, and if that works, rename it again to something meaningful that won't be mistaken for something generic - “StuHab’s Sia playlist”, for example.

If this works, please report back - perhaps there’s a way for us to prioritise private playlists over public ones, in which case we could turn this topic into a feature request.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply.  After I sent my post and before you replied, I changed my configuration from SVC to Google Assistant (GA) and it works with GA.  BTW, before I sent my post, I had tried several names as you suggested and none of them worked so I concluded SVC was simply not equipped to handle Playlist instruction.  That’s why I tried GA.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @StuHab 

I did ask a colleague to test before I answered you and he had success - it should work.

I’m glad to hear that you’ve found a way to play your playlists, however - thanks for updating the thread.