Sonos S2 14.18.2 notification: stopping the service may interrupt playback notifications

• 8 November 2022
  • 69 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

69 replies

Toggle off Background Services seems to be the only solution. 

Badge

Same for me, Galaxy S20. Never had this before 14.18.2. it's pretty annoying and seems like a bug to me.

Same issue for me after the update Android 12

Userlevel 2
Badge

Version 15.2.1 and still not and also still no reaction from Sonos…

@Sonos please tell us if this issue is on the bug tracking list an will be solved in a upcoming build?

Same issue here with recent update version 14.18.2 using a range of sonos products and app on Samsung S22, also note Amazon connection is not what it used to be... search turns very little results and saved albums no longer play stating "unable to browse music"... we checked Amazon account and connection, but no joy :(

@Glynnthere, Check out the new Amazon Music app. Prime Music is now basically a customised radio station.

Here’s an official announcement.

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/feed/0D56Q0000AIXzAoSQL

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same issue here, running 14.18.2 on a Google Pixel 6a running Android 13

Seeing this as well, but I've hidden the notification type. One positive thing I'm seeing is that the mini player notification is actually sticking around which hasn't worked in a long time.

Just adding a "me too." Android. Super annoying.

Same issue here. OnePlus Nord Android 11.

It wouldn't bother me so much if the notification meant something, and did something when you press it, but it just permanently sits there cluttering up your phone's notifications. Unacceptable.

The solution is to go into Settings > Apps and notifications >  Sonos > Notifications

Here, toggle off the "Background notifications" option.

Of course, you shouldn't have to do this, and I don't know if this will prevent other important notifications from displaying.

Please fix this Sonos.

Userlevel 1

Same frustrating issue on Pixel 5, Android 13, Sonos app 14.20.1, build 70436090

This is terrible UX. 

This is terrible consumer / user experience.  There is no reason this notification needs to be present - it cannot be dismissed and it stays on my lock screen and notifications panel (Android) since I have the mini music player present.

Sonos - please fix this.  This is sloppy CX and is a useless message.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hallo, 

I didn't turn off ALL notifications of Sonos only backgroundservices. 

Maybe it works for others.

Yeah that worked for me. Seems like the best fix for this right now 

This is not fix, just a workaround to get the notification off

Sonos should explain this notification or resolve the notification as it seems to be wrong…

Build 14.19 did not solve the issue.  :(

Same problem for me.  Latest Android, Pixel 5a

Same thing here on old LG G5 with Android 8.

Agree this is unacceptable. Imagine if all apps did this, your notification area would be cluttered with tens (hundreds?) of useless notifications.

Same experience here: Bug introduced with 14.18.2, 14.19 didn’t solve it, and it’s annoying.

Seen on a Pixel 3 with Android 12 and a Samsung tablet with Android 11.

Cheers

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi!

Same here, the Sonos app on Android activates two notifications (one is normal and works well, the other is like a ghost notification, useless).

I’ve tried to reinstall the app but with no effect. Problem is present on multiple devices, with Android 11, 12 and 13.

Double notification icon on Android app | Sonos Community

So  I registered here to create a post about how this and when I was typing the Subject, it popped up and linked me to this thread where it has already been discussed, so let me just add myself to the list of Sonos users who really wish this would get fixed.

Not sure why we need this notification, not exactly groundbreaking info.  And I don’t want to turn off notifications, just want ability to not have THIS notification.

On a Pixel 7 if that helps at all...

Userlevel 3

I’m getting the same extraneous notification as well.  I have a Google Pixel 3. 

I contacted Customer Support, and they asked me to check other phones (which I did), and then they wanted me to see if it occurred on iOS as well.  I explained that we only have Androids at our house.  They said they couldn’t determine if it only affected Androids or Apples.  (Umm… either way, you’re affecting approximately half the mobile phone market!) 

They eventually agreed to create a case number for me.  I’ll try to post if I get any useful updates.