search tab books search removed

Userlevel 1

this week searching for books is no longer possible

FIX IT!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Wow, are you an influencer? 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sonos support over 70 music services. It might be helpful to specify which one you are ranting about. (The search tabs come from the music service). And which app you are using. And whether you are using New or Old search (if mobile). Basically, anything that might actually help an Support look into the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

this week searching for books is no longer possible

FIX IT!!

It’s a good thing the grammar police aren’t watching: the only capital letters or punctuation marks are in the final line. 😜

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same has happened to me both with the iPad & android apps.  I’ve tried the usual fixes

1. Logging out & then back in
  2. Deleting and reinstalling the apps
  3. Reauthorizing the Audible account

I can open the Audible service tab, find the book I want by scrolling and then it plays fine but the option to search by author or book has vanished on all of the apps.

See the attached screen shot

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

So the problem is with Audible: Audible have removed the search flag from their endpoint. This is not an app change - S1 app (and my app) have similar issues.

I hacked my app to force Audible to be searchable again, and it works fine.

Someone at Audible (or Sonos has they control this flag I think) has messed up.

Userlevel 1

Capitals be damned!... Cambridge University tells use the order of letters is not that important in recognising a word, i suspect case is also irrelevant. I turn autocapiitalisation of as word replacment on iphone tries to capitalise email address which when used as logins can be an issue

Look at the searches from a week or so ago..

note both Books and Authors are missing from the search tabs list, (hard to see on an iphone)

Note that recent searches were for “Books”
the search function was/is  weak. the Books appear under the Music / audible tab, but are not sorted by anything meaningfull at all (order of addition??)

You are however correct. I was rude.

FIX IT - Please!

Userlevel 1

OOps.. it Was New Scientist

New Scientist vol 162 issue 2188 - 29 May 1999, page 55
https://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/people/matt.davis/Cmabrigde/newscientist_letter/

I quote

This is easy to denmtrasote. In a puiltacibon of New Scnieitst you could ramdinose all the letetrs, keipeng the first two and last two the same, and reibadailty would hadrly be aftcfeed. My ansaylis did not come to much beucase the thoery at the time was for shape and senqeuce retigcionon. Saberi's work sugsegts we may have some pofrweul palrlael prsooscers at work.

The resaon for this is suerly that idnetiyfing coentnt by paarllel prseocsing speeds up regnicoiton. We only need the first and last two letetrs to spot chganes in meniang.

😁

But there is a flaw in this argument

Bblaaesl pryleas pnmrrioefg srillaimy aeoulltsby dvrseee clbrpmaaoe tteenmrat.

So the problem is with Audible: Audible have removed the search flag from their endpoint. This is not an app change - S1 app (and my app) have similar issues.

How did you go about hacking your app to fix this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

How did you go about hacking your app to fix this?

I just forced the IsSearchable flag to True in the debugger, as that is the flag that someone (accidentally?) removed from the Service metadata. This isn’t a thing that users can do.

As far as I am aware, Audible is still NOT searchable. I have had an online conversation with Sonos support and understand that the issue has been escalated but still waiting for this issue to be resolved. I’m with you jimbo1199 - Sonos, FIX THIS, Please!