Answered

S1 Android app lock screen controls missing on Android 13

• 1 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have the app preferences for the Sonos S1 app set with both Show Lock Screen Controls and Home Screen Volume Control enabled.

This makes using my Sonos equipment much easier as I don't have to find and launch the app when I'm just making minor adjustments.

Yet on Android 13 neither of these show up.

That is a big functional regression from prior app versions.

Is this a known issue? Are there any workarounds?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 October 2022, 12:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @pawliger 

Thanks for your post!

I recommend ensuring that no other apps that may also utilise the lock-screen controls are open, such as Spotify, Google Play Music, or the standard music app for your phone’s manufacturer.

Please also see our Control Sonos from the Android lock screen help page for more information.

I hope this helps.

I also have this issue, sonos S1 and Android 13. This link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3062 is out of date for Android 13! I hope there is a fix for this or one in the pipeline because this absolutely is a "big functional regression"!

Hello, I have the same problem on my Pixel 7 device. I really hope the problem will be fixed soon. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

On Samsung, running Android 13 with their One UI5 skin, it does work but it's a little convoluted. On the lock screen, you have to expand quick settings or notifications and then press the 'media output' button. Then you'll see the Sonos widget (play, pause, previous, next, tap on album art to take you to the Sonos app).

What I'm really pleased about though, is you can finally control Sonos volume with the volume rocker, from the lock screen (without having to press the media output button) and even when locked - effectively a remote control for volume. Fantastic. And unlocked, volume channel defaults to cast/ connected again when music is playing. Looks like Sonos and Google buried the hatchet (or someone paid a lot of money).

I have pixel 7, can't adjust volume control from lock screen with buttons or widget without physically unlocking, trash...  Using Sonos s2 app, and a play 5, this happens all the time with android hey, apple and Sonos funny enough always work seemlessy... 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Polarity Have a look at this. I don’t have a pixel so can’t test it, but it might be the problem you are facing. If so, there is a temporary work around:

https://piunikaweb.com/2022/12/07/pixel-7-lock-screen-media-controls-missing-workaround-inside/