Question

New SONOS App - Feedback

Show first post

1918 replies

I will happily carry on and try to assist you - firstly I suggest switching off those pods you mention, particularly if they are WiFi extenders, as such AP’s are not (never have been) supported by Sonos. A mesh system, configured correctly is supported, but choose to leave the pods off for now anyway.

Hi @Seamur88, is your ISP either Xfinity or Spectrum? If yes, the hexagonal pod is a proper mesh device. I’ve helped neighbors set these up and they are crackerjack!

Presumably they are Plume SuperPods - if so, there are several ways to configure those pods using (usually) the Plume HomePass App - in any event, I would still keep everything simple for now and leave the pods powered off, even if that’s the case. I’m familiar with HomePass and that can be easily sorted later.

The new app is not updating songs playing. Also, the new app is not playing in the correct rooms. It keeps showing a room I don’t use a lot. Always seems to defer to this room, not the intended rooms with my Play 1 speakers.

Nah the context is clear. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve just had the following reply from Sonos. 

Check out the first sentence in the third paragraph - apparently the app is addressing what customers have been asking for… 😡

Your initial email has been shared with our CEO, Patrick, who conveyed that you had reached out to us and requested that I contact you to provide assistance.

First and foremost, I can understand the disappointment here when things don't go to plan and there is no obvious reasoning behind this and I'll be happy to take ownership of your case and see you through to a resolution.

Moving forward, this revitalization of the Sonos app is our most ambitious software update yet, and aims to address what our customers have been asking us for. It’s a huge undertaking, and we are taking the time and effort to ensure all features work seamlessly and meet both our standards and the standards of our listeners. With this commitment in mind, features such as playlist creation and queue editing within the Sonos app, sleep timers, and local library support will not be available at launch, but will be added to the app on a rolling basis over the coming months. We understand the disappointment regarding the missing features and rest assured, our top priority is bring these functionalities back and improved.

Interesting. I wonder if that’s my apps sometimes still spin their wheels for a time, it’s pulling stuff from the internet.

Likely 

Since updating Sonos App on my Samsung ultra 24 I am unable to add Amazon Alexa as a voice Assistant

New app - shocking that you released this without playlist and local storage (eg by artist/album) support. Absolute disgrace and you should be ashamed of ruining what you should have been proud of previously. Sort it out please. 😤

The new App already  has playlist and local storage support? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Presumably they are Plume SuperPods - if so, there are several ways to configure those pods using (usually) the Plume HomePass App - in any event, I would still keep everything simple for now and leave the pods powered off, even if that’s the case. I’m familiar with HomePass and that can be easily sorted later.

Spot on, Ken, Xfinity and Spectrum OEM the Plume pods. Both ISPs setup the pods with their own app, literally a two-click operation, it’s a pretty spiffy process. (I’ve not had occasion to use the Plume app so I cannot say if that works with the OEM pods.)

I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion to unplug the pods temporarily (and move the Move 2s closer to the main router) to at least eliminate one variable from the equation.

How do I reinstall the Sonos App?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Although this update is an absolute disaster (and I have been pretty vocal here about what a dumpster fire the new app is), I want to acknowledge that Sonos snuck in Apple Music Lossless support in the updates. For this, I’m grateful. 

I guess that would be a plus for those who can actually play music. What’s that like?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Adding to my list of complaints about the new app:

I am listening to a playlist of my local music (Music Library):

1. I click on the queue and it doesn’t automatically bring me to the current track.  This playlist has 3300+ songs.  I need to scroll to find where it is currently at? The prior app didn’t require that.
  2. I cannot edit the queue anymore?  Seriously? 

Sigh. I have been a loyal Sonos customer for over a decade but I may be out if they don’t fix this soon. Sonos has competitors now.

Are you listening Sonos? You are losing customers in order to sell headphones.  Really?

I agree with all of the comments above. I hope the SONOS people are listening and do some major changes very quickly, or give me my money back for a houseful of redundant, unplayable speakers?

No I bet not……..I am very unhappy!  

If they’re unplayable then I’d certainly get in touch with Sonos Support and see what they say. The link to do that is here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

I use the app primarily on my iphone, my husband on his android phone. Neither of us reset the system, and I can’t find it on my MacBookPro…????

Are you talking about playlists for your local library (called “Imported playlists), or playlists created in Sonos?

Yes! I created many playlists, some from Amazon music, some directly from Sonos when the option to do so was available. Thank you!

Nah the context is clear. 

It strikes me that you are simply trying to take this thread off topic @Bumper  - ‘New App Feedback’.

My posts above are just my own feedback on todays latest App update - you appear to perhaps have a different agenda.

I’ve spoken to Sonos support today and they suggested unplugging each individual speaker and then plugging them back in, effectively rebooting each speaker in turn, which seems to have rectified the majority of the problems I was experiencing 🤞 I’ve certainly regained an amount of control of my music again 👍🏻

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

My biggest frustration with the new app is selecting the room you want to control. I have a play 5 in my kitchen and an amp that controls speakers n my patio. The app will not let me switch from the play 5 to the amp. I select 5-6 times and it keeps going back to the kitchen. It is not useable. It has taken as many as ten times to make the rooms switch to the right room. It has them in alphabetical order and keeps going back to the first one. I have 4 rooms and only one is somewhat playable. Not sure where QA was on this design testing. 

You sure you are actually changing the default menu? Sounds like you are choosing the room but not changing the default. It’s at the top on a drop down menu.

whens this getting sorted all this money foy sonos and it wont connect the app is terrible no communication from sonos does anyone no a fix??

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I just downloaded Sonos 16.0 apk and rolled back to the previous app. Thank God for that.

Good luck

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Audio display: I really don’t like that I have to tap an actively playing room once or twice to see the audio display info (Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus 2.0, etc).  There’s a huge banner for each room, this info should be automatically displayed in the banner.

Hi there 

The app is still not working. Dropping out. Volume fails to work. Delayed responses to commands - sometimes of up to ten minutes. States that tracks are playing when they are not.

Unbelievably poor. 

Means that all investment in Sonos hardware is wasted. 

I have gone from being one of the company’s biggest brand ambassadors to being one of its biggest detractors.

What is happening? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

New app volume issue -  when I have more than one speaker in a group and I adjust the volume - the last speaker in the list does not adjust with the others - it does not change the volume for the last speaker.  Tested this with one, two, three, and four speakers in a group.  New app running on  iPhone 13 with iOS 17.5.

Have a similar problem, except it’s 2 speakers wil adjust the other 2 will not. This is on iOS, but the android app seems to work ok. What a shambles.

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you want to prevent the app update from loading on your devices:

Turn off automatic updates

iOS:

https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-auto-update-iphone-5206079 

Android:

https://www.lifewire.com/turn-off-automatic-updates-on-android-5192496#toc-how-to-turn-off-automatic-app-updates-on-an-android-phone 

(Scroll a bit further to next section titled "Stop Automatic Updates for Specific Apps")

Unfortunately, no way to disable any updates on Apple OS. Do NOT use your desktop app, otherwise you will use your Music Library access for sure. 

Userlevel 1

This is where I was trying to change rooms. I had to change patio to back deck because that is the most often used. 

I’ve spoken to Sonos support today and they suggested unplugging each individual speaker and then plugging them back in, effectively rebooting each speaker in turn, which seems to have rectified the majority of the problems I was experiencing 🤞 I’ve certainly regained an amount of control of my music again 👍🏻

That’s good to hear, hopefully the new app works ok for you. Sonos units are very temperamental and often a reboot fixes them. 

It’s impossible to get an album track listing.  What does the community suggest as alternatives to Sonos?  It’s now irrational to buy another Sonos product.